Monday, October 4, 2010

BASIC TOMATO SAUCE

This is the sauce I made Saturday morning. I put no seasonings in it, just tomatoes. That way I can use in any manner I choose for whatever dishes. I just use what jars I have on hand as it is goes into the freezer. Tomorrow I will be canning whole tomatoes. The tomato plants are heavy with large weighty tomatoes now. I will not waste a one though we are getting weary of fresh tomatoes. Who would think I would ever say that?

The weather this weekend was amazing after dull morning clouds. Today was to be showery but it is sunny. I just got in from my walk it was a bit chilly but so fresh as the dew was just lifting. The leaf trees along my route have some amazing color now. It is always a little adventure to see changes each day.

Oregon won their football game against Stanford. What a game. We were a little concerned in the beginning but that is Oregon it is a second half ball club. That now puts us at #3 in the nation. We are so loving it!

Tonight for dinner I am making scalloped cheesy potatoes with Italian sausage. Fresh green beans with lemon garlic butter and once again fresh tomatoes and cukes.
When I make my scalloped potatoes I always make a white sauce and precook my potato slices. It makes it easier that way and you know for sure your potatoes are cooked. We like them with lots of onion slices.
Scalloped potatoes are a real comfort food for me. I loved them when I was a small girl living on our farm. My mother made them so yummy with lots of cheese.

I need to get at my house chores. Today is Monday so always a busy day for me it seems. If time allows I will run for a few groceries later.

Have a decent Monday. I know how hard Monday's were for me when I was a working gal. It always seemed hard that first day of the work week.
Till later.



Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment