Tuesday, October 19, 2010

HALLOWEEN

It will not be long and the little goblin's and witches will be out in droves. I did a little decorating on the front steps yesterday. A few pumpkins and some other decor I set out every year. I hung my skeleton man in the front window and the grim reaper inside the house. Of course Ms. Penelope Pumpkin head sits in the entry reading her book while eating her candies.
I strung orange icicle lights in the family room. The glow coming from them makes it so cozy at night. I would like to keep them there all year but folks would think I'm odd.........well?

Tonight we are having chili this is my hubby's fave chili recipe. So I will get that simmering about four or so. I am making cheesy corn muffins for the bottom of our deep chili bowls. That is way we like it served. When you do that you have that nice corny taste at the bottom of the bowl. Chopped onions and cheese cover the top. I will share this simple little recipe with you. However there will be a difference in mine this evening as I am going to blanch a few red tomatoes from our garden and toss in to cook down. By the way the garden is out and all stuffed in the debris cans. The garden space looks sad now, just empty beds awaiting spring. Later this week I will take down the garden decor clean and pack away.

My husband just got home and needs my assistance in getting the hot tub ready to go. So I will post a photo and recipe tomorrow. It is so pretty here I should be outdoors regardless. I do not want to waste a moment of this day.
Till tomorrow.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment