Thursday, October 28, 2010

BLURRY PHOTO


I must apologize for this blurry photo. Somehow the setting on my camera got changed. I must have done it accidentally. So here is the chicken paprika's all whirled up!
The second photo at the bottom is a shot of my old dependable piano. Dear old thing I have it for it 28 years and it was ancient even before I bought it.
I love that old 1800's piano. I have had so many hours of pleasure sitting and plunking out a new song or two. I have Halloween lights on it in the photo because the setting on the camera was wrong it slowed the picture down and the lights sort of look like bones..........too perfect.

The recipe for the chicken dish was OK, hubby liked it but I want to make changes next time I make it. Also I did over cook the chicken. It almost fell off the bones so there was not much shape to the pieces. However the sauce was wonderful and the noodles swimming in that sauce was amazing. I served broccoli with butter and Parmesan cheese and crispy sourdough toast to the side. That is a big plate of food you see and I will have you know I took half of it off before eating it and I still was stuffed. Truly comfort food on that plate.

I heard from my daughter today and my sweet niece my younger brothers daughter via the e-mail. My niece is crazy for Halloween. She is going to three parties and is working on her costume. She said it is her favorite holiday.
Well I remember days gone by and many parties and loony costumes. What fun that was. The last party hubby I went to we were American Indians. We were both wearing buckskins but I had on a skirt so you could tell us apart ha. Hubby had on a long black wig and scary war paint. I went along the lines of Pocahontas. Anyhow such a wild nutty time we had. Now we keep the lights off so the hundreds of kids will not be ringing the bell every second. I swear there are hundreds. Just too much. The kids are respectful however if the light is off they do not come to the door. I love decorating the house though that is such fun. I also like having a Halloween costume party though we have not had one for a few years.

I am going to pass along the chicken paprika's recipe to you. I really think next time I will make my friends recipe if I can persuade her to give it to me.
Recipe:
Chicken Paprika's
one tablespoon of canola oil
one onion finely chopped
one clove garlic minced
2 tablespoons Hungarian paprika( I added a little more)
one cut up fryer rinsed
1/2 cup chicken broth
four ripe plum tomatoes(I used the Roma's we grew)
one red bell pepper chopped
1/2 Anaheim pepper chopped(I added this, it was good)
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon flour
egg noodles for serving

In your dutch over add the oil, chopped onion and garlic. Cover and on med low heat for about fifteen minutes, steam the onions, do not brown them. Sprinkle is the paprika stir and cook for another minute.
The onions will turn a luscious red. Add the chicken pieces, broth, peppers and tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper bring to boil and then reduce heat to med low partially covered and simmer for fifty minutes .
While the chicken is cooking whisk the sour cream and flour together in a small bowl. Set aside.
When the chicken has cooked and is tender remove from the pot to a bowl. Cook the sauce mixture over medium heat uncovered to reduce it slightly. Pour 1/2 cup of sauce into the sour cream mixture and whisk till smooth, then slowly whisk back into the sauce pot. Return the chicken to the pot covering well with sauce and heat through over low heat. Serve over the top of the noodles.

Well that is it. I think if I were to make this recipe again I would use cornstarch instead of flour. Just add some to a little broth mixture mix till smooth and then add back into the sauce. Then right before serving I would add in the sour cream and incorporate it gently into the sauce.
Anyhow it was tasty and hubby loved it. It made enough for the two of us to have again tonight, I will just make more noodles. I am also making my fave biscuits tonight to go with. I absolutely love biscuits not that I need to love biscuits. My Mom made them all of the time. Is there anything better than a hot biscuit with the butter running down through your fingers? Sooooooooooooo good!

Hubby just went to the hot tub. The showers have halted for a bit so he out there soaking away. It does feel so good on ones back after a day of hard work.

I will not write tomorrow as we are having leftovers tonight so there will not be much to chat about. Also I have a day of to-do's that I must accomplish.

Till later. Well I just published this and there are no pictures.......here we go again. So I am going after them now. So they will be on a separate blog right after this.

No comments:

Post a Comment