Tuesday, October 12, 2010

LITTLE BROTHERS BIRTHDAY TODAY

Here we are sister and brother many, many years ago.
My brothers birthday is today but he is no longer with us. It saddens my heart this fact but it is the way it is.
This photo was taken in Idaho near an old homestead where our parents lived when they were young.
I suppose I thought I was a young hot thing. Look at that suit it was bright red, good grief!! I also really like my hair, did I comb it?
I do remember the day. Little brother did not want to put his feet in the water it was freezing cold. He did so to please our Mother. My brother was a little imp. I do not know how else to put it. What a tease and he was at me constantly as I was his older sister and so much fun to pester. I could never have a friend over to the house without Jimmy barging into my room making himself a part of whatever we were doing. He was my little shadow always. I would go out of the house to walk in the pasture to be alone or maybe to the barn to swing from the rafters. I was a tomboy no denying that. I was constantly followed and the chatter never stopped. What are you doing, where are you going, can I come too. How come I can't come? Anyhow a lot of funny and heart warming memories with this little character. I wish he were still around so we could reminisce together.

It is chilly here today in the Willamette Valley. There was not a spec of sun until about one pm today. I feel the cold coming on now it is a little after four. I suppose it is about time to start using the furnace.

We are having leftover steak simmered in mushroom gravy tonight, served over potatoes with glazed carrots and fresh tomatoes and cukes in vinaigrette.

Must go now hubby has just pulled in the drive and I need to tell him what the telly repairman did today for us. Our TV is like new again. So happy.
Maybe I will make something inspiring tomorrow as the meals have been quite simple and not at all exciting it seems.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment