Friday, October 8, 2010

MS.PENOELOPE PUMPKINHEAD

This is my pumpkin head person this year, her name is Penelope. I was not going to make a woman but somehow she wound up with boobies! So hubby said, why not? So here she is enjoying a autumn afternoon reading one of her fave books. She has already polished off a few books these past weeks that are stacked under her foot. She has her favorite little frog friend sitting in her lap, the door is open and the warm afternoon breeze is almost lulling her to sleep. And what is it she smells mexican food? Oh the good life!

OK enough already, right? Anyhow it was a day of decorating for fall.
The day was, oh how can I describe it? Well let me say it was one the best fall days ever. The sky was that intense blue that you only see in autumn. The clouds that there were in the sky were fleeting little wispy nothings that disappeared as soon as they appeared. And for this time of year the sun was hot. My husband and I sat on our deck and so enjoyed the warmth and the beauty of the day. I always feel so melancholy in autumn I do not want to let go of these kind of days but of course I have no choice.

I am simmering left over roasted chicken in seasonings, chicken broth and lime juice. We are having tostado's this evening with refreid beans.
Last nights burgers were especially good, maybe knowing that the grilling time is dwindling down made it more special.

Like I mentioned it is college football again on Saturday. We have company coming to watch the game and partake in food. I am making my take on the famous soup at Olive Garden you know the Italian sausage potato soup( we like ours better). It is to be rainy tomorrow so what could be better than a hot mug of soup and good crusty bread for dunking?

I must close now as hubby is on his way home and we are going to play golf on the Wii before dinner.
I feel so happy today as it has been a day of achievement. I love getting all done that I have planned to do. Also the day that the universe gave us today made my heart soar.
Blessings for you all.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment