Wednesday, October 27, 2010

GRANDSON TYSON

Well I tried to post this a few days ago(the 23rd) when it was my grandson's 27th birthday.
I have two grandson's both such great young men. I am so proud of them both. And I have the most darling granddaughters. Both so different but so special in their own way. I am such a lucky grandma.
Tyson was my first born grandchild and I was very fortunate to live near him for a few years when he was very young. He loved me so and would get so excited when I stopped by after work to spend a little time with him. He was a happy little guy with a mop of blond curls. He was such a little charmer when he was small. He had this big booming voice that would make you laugh. My hubby and I spent a couple weeks each summer with Ty until he was fifteen. His Mom or Dad would drop him off and then we would go camping or boating or both. He was a avid little fisherman and he liked to eat the fish too. One time we caught so many fish at Elk Lake and I just keep frying them up all crispy and he just kept saying, I can eat one more Grams. Where was this little guy putting them we wanted to know? So Happy 27th Birthday Ty.

I am so happy I figured out the problem with getting my photo's to my blog. Tonight I am making for the very first time Chicken Paprika's. Now I do have an old time friend that makes this dish and I am sure after her years of experience and expertise that her recipe must be incredible. She wrote me some time back and said she and her little grandson Joey were making it. She said the tradition must live on. Too sweet. So we will see tonight if this is a good recipe. I surely smells good as it is simmering away on the stove at this moment. I will take a photo tonight I promise and will share the recipe if it turns out respectable.

The rain is has started now, I hear it beating on the roof as I write. It was a dry but cold and foggy day. I did not think to wear my gloves while walking today and my fingers were so cold as was my nose. Brrrrrr. There was not much breeze either. I chatted away to my brother while walking. We always have so much to say it seems. He was busy cleaning his gutters and doing some outside chores. Well it is certainly that time of year. He said later he would build a fire in the stove in his garage and putter around out there. My
brother and my son putter just like my father did. Just tinkering on this or that or fixing or sorting or whatever. You get the picture. I think it gives one a sense of place, peace and contentment.

Well I am just filling space now. I am tired as I was in the office for most of the day and I am tired of the computer at this point so I will close.

Till tomorrow with a pic and recipe hopefully.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment