Sunday, October 24, 2010

Well now what a nice mess this is! For some reason unbeknown to me I cannot get my photo's from my photo program to my blog. So I am trying to bumble through this and figure out what has happened as I have had no problems until now. I am not the most technical person and that is an understatement.

Well today is Sunday and it is showery out. We had brief wind and rain storm come through early this morning while we were still snuggled in bed. Later in the morning while having breakfast we heard thunder in the distance and the sky was dark slate. It is quite cozy actually and I am enjoying it. Who knows what will happen next.

I have dough chilling in the fridge for rolled lemon cookies. We love lemon anything and these are the best cookies I have ever tasted. I will include the recipe on this blog, sorry no photo, but hey it is only a cookie right?

Well college football is blowing our minds. With Missouri wining over Oklahoma now where does that put OREGON? Maybe still number two in the BCS polls and Auburn number one? Maybe a good thing not to be number one as three #1 teams have fallen on the road. Do not want to be a fallen number four for sure! It is quite an exciting season to say the least.

Right now hubby is vacuuming all of our hardwood floors with his handy dandy floor vac he uses in his business. Our home is all hardwood flooring except for one room. So it a lot of floors to vacuum. I love them but you do have to be on top of the dust issue. But when they are clean they are clean. Not like a carpet that holds everything till death do it part.

Two days ago we deconstructed our summer deck. That always makes me so sad stashing all the patio furniture and summer decor items away for another year. It looks pretty sparse out there now. We have the spa which we enjoy and our fire bowl and a few chairs without cushions and that is it. I surely wish we had a covered patio but it would steal the light from our kitchen and family room. The deck does have some of natures decorations however as it is littered with colorful leaves.

For dinner this evening we are having a veggie meal. I am making potato latkes. We love these crispy morsels. Crispy and golden on the outside and soft potato on the inside. Just smear with a little sour cream and pepper and so so good. To go with I am making a summer salad with the last of our cucumbers and tomatoes that I ripened in a brown bag. We will have many more tomatoes coming on as I have two large bags of them. It just amazes me how they ripen just two or three a day. Just perfect for using. Anyhow I am making the honey mustard dressing once again for the salad. I do have to admit that it is my fave. I enjoy blue cheese also but that honey mustard is so yummy. Lemony, mustardy and such a pretty color on the salad.

Here is the recipe for the cookies. This recipe is a old recipe out of a Pillsbury specialty cookbook. I have been making them for years. If you wanted to make them for the holiday you could frost them but they are so good just plain.

Best Ever Lemon Cookies:
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup shortening part softened butter
2 eggs
1/2 teaspoon lemon extract(do not use concentrated lemon juice in the bottle)
2 1/2 cups of flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt

Cream the butter shortening mixture and sugar add eggs and lemon extract and mix well. Stir in flour with the baking powder and salt. Gather together in bowl and cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least a hour( longer is better.)
Heat oven to 400 degrees.
Roll out 1/8 " thick use your fave cookie cutters and bake on ungreased cookie sheet. (I use a silicone sheet those are amazing.)
Bake until light brown approximately 8 minutes. I like mine slightly browned around the edges.
Then pop into your watering mouth and eat!

What I adore about these cookies is by rolling them thin they are crispy around the edges and a tad chewy soft in the inside. They are not to sweet, just right as Goldilocks would say!

I have been lallygagging with this blog as I decided to make the cookies as I write. At the moment the smell of lemon has my mouth watering believe me. I think hubby is snagging a warm cookie right now as I heard him in the kitchen.

I hope you are having a nice Sunday wherever you are and whatever you are doing. You should bake some cookies too.

I hope next time I blog that there will be a photo.
Till later.



No comments:

Post a Comment