Wednesday, July 6, 2011

CRISPY FRIED BUTTERFLY SHRIMP


Posted by PicasaThere was not one shrimp left. We ate them all. So yummy and crispy. These are Argentine red shrimp, large and succulent.
I served them with a red leaf lettuce salad from our garden and french fries. I made a firecracker sauce and also lemon butter for dunking.
I made hubby banana cream pie with whipped cream. This was his birthday meal yesterday but however as you know we did celebrate his birthday early on Saturday. So he had two special days.


I just returned from my morning walk I was out the door at seven-thirty. So nice to have it out of the way for the day. It is already warm out. Yesterday topped out at 89 it will not be quite as warm today but still into the mid eighties.........lovely.


Hubby is now on a work marathon. Sixteen days straight without a break. he will be one tired man when these two jobs back to back are done. Seems that is the way it goes, no work or too much work all at once. Go figure? But we have come accustomed to dealing with the circumstances of that.
So I am making a list of to-do's and also some fun things that I would like to do to entertain myself over the next couple of weeks. I truly hope to get some projects done that have been nagging at me. I also want to do a lot of walking and will take the camera along. I will take the Willamette river trail for one walk and have a few other places in mind. I like to people watch and this time of year there are many out doing their thing.


Today I will be in the office for a hour or so. Then I need to make out a menu for the next week. I will be grocery shopping tomorrow as well as another stop for more books.


Tonight we are going to have chicken and olives with spaghetti. It is a simple dish with a flavorful red sauce, garlic and green olives over pasta with lots freshly grated Parmesan cheese. once again we will have a green salad from our garden. I am getting a little tired of lettuce but it is coming on so fast and growing larger each day so I must use it up as quickly as possible before it turns bitter. I will take more down to my sis in law this afternoon. I will take a photo of the pasta dish and post the recipe tomorrow.


Now here is the simple little dredge I use for everything including these shrimp. I know I have posted it previously but it is such a good crust for everything I will repeat myself.
Butterfly Shrimp.
Use large or extra large shrimp we figured five apiece.
Canola oil for frying. These are not deep fried so just put a inch to two inches in the frying pan. Just keep the shrimp turning as you know they do not take long.
Clean and de-vein the shrimp. To butterfly just cut deeper along the back where you remove the vein, then press open.
Here is the three plate dredge.
Flour in one bowl
Beaten egg with a little water in the second bowl
Equal amounts of Krustez's bake and fry(blue box) and Panko crumbs.
So they go into the flour, then the egg to coat then into the panko mixture,
then sprinkle with paprika and fry till golden
set onto parchment paper to drain.
Eat and enjoy!


Firecracker sauce.
A  small dab of may
A tablespoon of chili paste or more if you like the heat
1 quarter cup of ketchup
onion powder, garlic powder and pepper to taste
A good squeeze of lemon.
Mix well.


I am getting hungry so I will grab a banana and have a honey yogurt. Then I must get on with my chores. I am hoping I can set on our festive deck later this afternoon and finish my book. Always so sad to end a book like leaving a friend.
Summer is here.
La Dolce Vita



No comments:

Post a Comment