Sunday, July 17, 2011

A WISH TO BE HERE RIGHT NOW ON A RAINY SUMMER DAY IN OREGON.


Posted by PicasaSo OK I doubt my wish will come true as this is the French Riviera. How glorious to have a place like this, could you just imagine? I really would like to be on the boat more than the land. Heaven!


Yesterday and today nothing but rain at our house. Throughout the day, gray then lightening a tad and then showers and then dark sky and pounding rain. Oh what a great summer day.........NOT. The snails load the deck like they fall from the sky. They must just lurk in the shade, under the deck in whatever dark dreary cool places they can find. Then just let the temp drop and the showers come and here they are in multitudes. Hubby and I did snail patrol three times today to make sure they were not nibbling at our precious veggies, herbs and flowers. This weather is not to our liking to say the least. We are twenty degree's below what is normal for this time of year.
So it seems our United States are either burning up or like we are cool beyond the norm. So to be honest I would rather this than hundred degree temp's. But please where are the norms?


I believe I am leaving on Thursday rather than Wednesday to go to Washington state camping with my brother. The weather looks better after Wednesday. I am looking forward to it still but I do wish it would be warmer when I am camping.


Our blue cheese burgers were good last night but you know what? I decided I do not like blue cheese stuffed burgers. Blue cheese is so bitey and strong at times.  I am in the mood for a regular grilled burger with good seasoning and silky melted cheese on top.
One thing that is on the agenda for the grill is stuffed jalapeno peppers. I have several recipes and will make an array of them. They all look like great appetizers.


I was so lazy today it was disgraceful. I did tidy the house early morning and make hubby a good breakfast but other than that nothing but sitting on my bottom and reading, doing snail patrols and some computer time. I am disgusted with myself. Hubby was not much better he puttered in the garage for a bit and tidied it up. That was all. Rain rain go away makes us slugs!


Hopefully I will have something more to blog about in the next couple of days other than the weather. This is so boring I am ready to go to sleep writing about our day.


Maybe where you are the sun is shinning and you enjoyed a fun filled weekend. I hope so.
Till later, time to come up with something for dinner. I have a feeling it will not be too inspiring.



No comments:

Post a Comment