Wednesday, July 27, 2011

GARDEN PLEASURES


Our first onion, cuke and zucchini. How fun. So everyday now there will be things to pick from our little garden.
Hubby is using that beautiful walla walla sweet onion freshly picked in the salsa he is making at the moment. Now how is that for fresh?
We did go to the farm yesterday and bought an assortment of veggies we are not growing. Such a pleasure to cart home lovely vegetable's and fruits grown at that farm or neighboring farms.  A wonderful time of year for feasting on natures bounty.


Tonight we are finally dining on the grilled under the brick chicken. It has been in the fridge for over twenty four hours in a wet rub. Hubby will soon get the bricks wrapped in foil for our little cooking adventure. Tomorrow there will be photo's and the chicken recipe for you.


The day is very breezy but it is a lovely mild summer day. No need for the air conditioning today. As I mentioned before I love having screen doors so a nice breeze is keeping the house comfortable.
The kitchen aroma's of peppers, onions and such are on the breeze. Hubby has sliced cucumbers sprinkled with salt sitting in the sink in the colander. I love the smell of fresh cukes. So I am quite content typing this blog while my husband creates in the kitchen.


It will not be long now until I meet up my gal friend at Crescent Lake for a couple of days. I am furnishing one meal and have decided what to cater up to the lake for the two of us.
I can make all ahead so my fun time well not be caught up in cooking. This is what I am taking.
Loaded Italian pasta salad, the best baguette in Eugene from Metropol bakery, herb butter for the bread,  a nice bottle of Oregon wine and cream cheese brownies. I think it sounds like a nice light summer meal to be enjoyed lake side. I am also tucking in a white table cloth and red and white check napkins, a green glass fruit jar to tuck in whatever I can find there in the realm of greenery or wildflowers. I will buy a nice size citronella candle to adorn the table also. I love making things festive even if it is only a campground picnic table.


Well hubby is through with his kitchen duties, the salsa fresca looks amazing so fresh and bright. We will have that tomorrow evening with chicken taco's made from tonights grilled chicken. 


Well I best get my laundry put away all is stacked on the dryer waiting for me to place them back in their respective homes.
Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment