Friday, July 8, 2011

FAVORTIE PLACES


Posted by PicasaI had no food to blog about as I made fried chicken last night and have already included that recipe on a previous blog. Tonight we are just dining on a green salad from our garden with blue cheese dressing and bakers loaded with a variety of goodies. A veggie meal tonight.
Tomorrow night I am making cheese enchilada's with mexi rice and pinto beans. 


It is our wedding anniversary tomorrow but hubby is working all day so we will celebrate as quickly as we can once this job is completed. My hubby mentioned this morning we can go somewhere of my choosing for a late lunch or early dinner. So I am thinking perhaps a quaint little restaurant downtown. They have brick oven pizza authentic Italian style and sidewalk seating. The place is quite funky. The kitchen is open to the dining area and each table and each chair is different though of the same era. It really has old world charm with the warm colors, subdued lighting and lots of wood and brick. Outside bright umbrella's pose against a backdrop of lush leaf trees that line the street. We will dine outdoors if we go there and enjoy the street scene. They have a great selection of Italian wines. Sounds fun! Perfect for a little wedding anniversary celebration.


I thought it would be pleasant when I walked this morning but as I started heading north, the wind coming from the north was hearty and nippy! Brrrr. So I changed direction and went south not so bad of course I even skirted west and east I knew at some point I would have to head north to get back to the house. I just put my head to the wind what else to do. I was under dressed and felt chilled it was exhilerating. Oh well the walk is out of the way for the day. It is so pretty out it is deceiving as the sky is cobalt, the sun is big but that wind is cold like a March wind.


Today is a day of whatever for me. For one thing I need to start working on a website for our business. We are listed of course on the Internet but do need a nice website. I am not the most proficient doing something like this but will chip away at it. Also on my list is going through my linen closet. Believe me there is a lot more in that linen closet other than linens. I have a feeling I will be packing up a big box for the thrift store. 


I am back on facebook. I tried it a few months ago and truthfully it is not my thing. But my neice Sarah is in Europe for the summer and she has all of her amazing photo's on facebook and I wanted to see them. That was my main critera for signing on again. So we will see how it goes. I do like to read my grandchildren and daughters little daily comments. However everyone who knows me knows I am a e-mailer. I type fast and tend to be long winded. No wonder they like me on facebook! But alas that is me I am a writer.


The collage of photo's today was a desperate attempt to post something.
But hey these shots are some of my favorite places. Wine country of course and the beach and Siltcoos Lake a coastal lake near Florence.
I am so longing now to get into nature. My first trip there will be in less than two weeks. I will be camping with brother Jack at Silver Lake in Washington. I can already smell those kosher dogs roasting over the campfire.
Well I need to do what needs doing in this home today not more procrastinating.
Till tomorrow.





No comments:

Post a Comment