Friday, July 22, 2011

STAR JASIMINE


Posted by PicasaI just walked out on the back deck and sweet smell of this Star Jasmine wafted up and around me. How sweet and floral it is. This plant trails along our deck railing. The patio table is just adjacent and I love to sit there and sip a glass of wine and read my book when the air is Jasmine scented. Don't you just love summer?


This evening we are dining at my sis in laws as hubbies mom and brother will be here from Bend. So I am taking down a appetizer of those good sausages we buy at the country meat market. I will make my bitey mustard to go with and sourdough pretzels. All is easy.


Tomorrow hubby and I are going to the Bite of Eugene. We are looking forward to that. It is in our huge park along the Willamette River. There will be wonderful food from the vendors as well as small bite plates from our local chefs. A Iron Chef competition will be held among four chefs the winner will attend the Oregon Iron Chef competition in Portland. A chef from Eugene won the Oregon title last year.
There will be wine and beer gardens, different music venues, a children s fun area, and much more. We will stay a few hours in the shade of a tree hopefully as it is to be 86 degree's. We have been waiting for this and are more than ready.
So I am thinking a fun day for us tomorrow.


I will not be making a dinner until Sunday evening. I do have it planned however. We will have a butterflied whole chicken under a brick on the grill. Hubby is going to add wood chips to the grill for a nice smokey flavor. I am going to use my normal rub I always use. The chicken is always juicy and has a crispy golden skin when made this way. I am running to the farm to purchase green beans Sunday morning. I like to pre boil them plunge them into ice water to keep them a vibrant green. I then add some olive oil, the drained beans, minced garlic, salt and pepper to a skillet. Then I saute until the beans are bite tender. Then if you like you can grate a little fresh Parmesan cheese over the top before serving. I am going to serve fingerling yukon gold potatoes. I will just boil them till tender, drain add salt and pepper and dollop of butter. For desert a cold creamy tri fruit sherbet   It sounds like a yummy old fashioned summer meal, I like that. 
I have a photo of this chicken on a previous blog.


Well the day is moving quickly and I do have things to attend to.
Do not know that I will blog over the next couple of days as I will be busy having fun.


Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment