Monday, July 18, 2011

ITALY


Posted by PicasaHello I was going to blog about our pizza at Ambrosia but did not have a photo of course. So I am posting a photo of Italy that my niece took a few days ago. This photo seems like you what you would expect an Italian city to look like.


The pizza was amazing. Everything we had was good. We sat on the enclosed space from the street but we were along the sidewalk.  We love people watching and we were not let down. Well it is Eugene after all.
Our server took our drink order and then brought us homemade bread with olive oil, balsamic vinegar and crushed garlic. I did not expect this at Happy Hour. All draft beers were two dollars this made hubby happy as they had a nice selection. I had Chianti and it was rich and lush the way a Chianti should be. Hubby ordered a three cheese calazone with Italian sausage, green olives and onions. I had the Margarita pizza which was roasted garlic, basil and three cheeses. To this I added roasted roma tomatoes. 
This is the best pizza I have ever eaten. Baked in a wood fired brick oven the crust was smokey and crispy around the edges. The cheese was rich and luscious and just melted in your mouth. It tasted buttery. The toppings made for a perfect mouthful of love!
So a great atmosphere and great food. The only thing I can possibly fault is our server. She was slow and not attentive in anyway. Though she was adorable with a great smile. But we waited a long while between our two drinks she never came to check on us once. Hubby had to make a call to the men's room and when he walked into the restaurant she was sitting at the bar and talking with the bartender.  We noticed that the other server who was working the street patio was very attentive to all his patrons. However it certainly did not mar a wonderful evening.
We will go again in a heartbeat.


Tonight we are having the butterflied shrimp once more. I was going to make them last night but we were not in the mood. So tonight I will make a salad form our garden lettuce and make my Mom's Russian dressing. My mouth is ready tonight for this meal.


We are clouds and warmth today with thunder showers coming in later. Yesterday it rained .69 inches. More in one day than we normally get for the entire month of July. It was ugly believe me.


So I best get on with my day of laundry and house chores. My walk is out of the way. Seems every dog was barking this morning as I walked through the neighborhoods. So I heard no birds or breeze through the trees, or frogs or anything but the annoying baking of dogs!
Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment