Sunday, July 10, 2011

ZO'S EASY CHEESEY ENCHILADA'S


Posted by PicasaIt was a real laid back evening last night. Hubby was so tired he has put in ten-eleven hour days all week and is still at it for the next three.
We did our little easy Mexican meal. Always his fave as I have mentioned before. These are tasty enchilada's and they are simple takes no time at all. Also I made my mexi rice which is a snap and everyone always likes it. So I will include these two recipes at the end of my blog.


So here it is an amazing Sunday morning and what is Zo doing? I don't know. I do feel a little bored today but there are certainly things I could do today as far as projects. But I really feel like having fun and having a self indulgent day. I have been diligent all week and have accomplished much. I hold the day in my hand but not to be squandered. This is an another perfectly appointed day. Not a hint of a breeze, that dark blue clear sky once again, beaming sun and not to hot nor not to cold it is a Goldilocks day!


My son called yesterday afternoon. He was perched on a high basalt rock taking in the view of the Cascade mountain range. He saw five mountains I believe he said. He had driven his truck as far as possible and then rode his dirt bike to his destination. He had taken a lunch and was quite content to spend the afternoon by himself with his thoughts in this beautiful place in nature. He made me want to be there too but without the dirt bike adventure.


Well here are the recipes. You really should throw this quick dinner together some night when you want something quick.


Zo's Easy Cheesey Enchilada's.
12 corn tortillas
canola oil for frying
14 ounces of green chili salsa
2 cups of shredded cheese. Here you can save time and buy shredded I bought a Mexican mix for the filling and grated cheddar for the topping.
1/2 onion minced
1/2 Anaheim pepper minced
Paprika for sprinkling on top
Canned sliced jalapeno peppers
Sour cream and salsa for toppings after plating.


Put a small amount of the oil in a skillet and heat the tortilla's till limp remove and set on paper towels. Continue with all the tortilla's.
Add diced onion and the Anaheim pepper to small skillet with a couple tablespoons of water, cover with a lid and let steam until tender. Spread a third of the green chili salsa to cover the bottom of the casserole.  
Spoon shredded cheese down the center of each tortilla and add a sprinkle of the onions and pepper over the top. Roll tortilla and lay seam side down in the sauce in a 9x13 casserole dish. Repeat with all tortilla's. Cover all with the remaining green chili salsa. Cover the top with grated cheddar or mexi blend cheese, scatter the sliced jalapenos over the top and sprinkle with paprika.
Bake in 350 oven for about 25 minutes till top is golden and bubbling.
Plate and add a dollop of sour cream and salsa if desired. We also at times will add chopped lettuce and tomatoes.


I serve this with my quick version of mexi rice.
Follow directions for long grain white rice. Instead of the water called for I use chicken broth and jarred salsa of your choice to make equal the amount of liquid required. The rice should be dry as possible when done so I let it sit a bit on the burner but with the burner off. Just fluff and eat. It is easy and has good flavor.
We also served this dinner with canned whole pinto beans that I added a pinch if cumin, black pepper and chicken broth to make it more soupy. We like the whole beans this way as they are amazing when you top your mexi rice with the beans and broth. All we lacked was a corn cake.


Well my phone has rang twice and I have let the machine pick up as I wanted to finish this so I get on with my day, whatever that will be.


Have a good one!







No comments:

Post a Comment