Sunday, July 31, 2011

VEGGIE DINNER

This was one amazing vegetable dinner. What you see on the plate is a mound of garlic mashed potatoes in the center with cucumbers to each side. A half ear of corn in the back and fried zucchini coins in front with one stuck into the potatoes. There is home made marinara to the left side that I simmered most of the afternoon. The meal was so very pleasing and even though I ate this very plate full I did not feel overly stuffed as one would with a protein.



For lunch today I put some left over mashed potatoes in a bowl and chopped some roasted grill chicken breast from the butterflied chicken and put a good size dollop of the marinara over all and heated it in the microwave. Wow it was great. I love making bowls and we do that quite often for lunch or dinner.


Tonight I am preparing grated zucchini and colorful peppers and onions they will sit over night sprinkled with salt. They will be rinsed in the morning and I will make zucchini relish.
We planted more zucchini this year so I will make more relish and use it in many creative ways.


It is another glorious summer day here in the Willamette Valley.
I ran to the farm a bit ago for fresh red, orange and red peppers for the relish. I could not believe the amount of folks at the farm, hardly found a parking space. There are farm animals there that the little ones love petting and visiting. There are tables so you can take a picnic to enjoy. I saw folks just strolling around nibbling as they went from baskets of cherries or berries. Most items at the farm are spary free.  Some folks were u-picking but not for me in the heat. Anyhow a nice family Sunday setting.


Though it is Sunday and I rarely lift a finger I do have things I must do. I am leaving for the lake on Tuesday and have much to do before I leave and to get myself ready.


Have a lovely summer Sunday wherever you are.
For some reason my photo is showing at the end of the blog. Well best not mess with it I may lose it all together.







No comments:

Post a Comment