Tuesday, July 12, 2011

WATCHING MY GARDEN GROW


Posted by PicasaGood morning. The garden scene is on again. Wow all at once it seems we have loads of zucchini blossoms and the tomatoes are out of their cages. It will not be long now before we are eating squash and cukes. We have been enjoying the lettuce now for a while. We love our garden.


It is showering right now. I would not mind in the least except that I have to be out and about today and I just washed and waxed my car a couple days ago. So here it sits in the garage gleaming and now will be out on wet dirty streets. I guess the old adage is true. "Wash your car and it will rain."  Usually I just run it through the car wash but I wanted to really detail it.
I am running to the farms today for needed veggies and fruit and also out to the country meat market for hubby's favorite sausages. Tomorrow is grocery shopping and some new togs for me. As much as I loathe shopping I must buy some capri's and a couple tops. I am getting clothes poor. I also need to get my hair cut tomorrow.  So a day for Zo.


Last night I made mac and cheese and tuna cakes and green salad for dinner. Nothing to exciting but hubby always loves my mac and cheese. Tonight we are having the sausages I am picking up, and I will make the paprika potatoes he loves. So a Hungarian meal for my Hungarian man.
Today is his last long hard day on this job the next two will be shorter days. Then a few days of r&r. He is more than ready.


This how we make our paprika potatoes. (Hubby's recipe)
Peel and chop potatoes put in pot to boil.
In a skillet, add some olive oil, one large bell pepper sliced, 1/2 onion sliced, garlic minced and a Anaheim pepper if you want a little heat. Add salt, pepper and approximately 2 tablespoons paprika. This will make a nice rich color as well as adding flavor. Saute the peppers until done hubby actually likes them a bit browned. When the potatoes are fork tender drain them well and add a big dollop of butter and add the sauteed pepper mixture and mix gently into the potatoes. 
That is it.  They are soft and buttery with pieces of the peppers and onions. 
I will boil the sausages as they are not cooked and then brown them off in a skillet with a tad of olive oil. If I am not making the paprika potatoes I usually add a variety of sliced peppers and fry them off with the sausage. To add to tonight's meal I am serving sliced tomatoes and cucumbers and green olives.


We are looking forward to our anniversary lunch Thursday at Ambrosia. My husband wants calazone and I will have the pizza. We will share a bottle of their good Chianti. 


Well now what to do about my walk. I am going to hold off I think until I return home today. Maybe the sun will be popping out by then. Right now it is dismal and raining. No thanks!


Thought for the day.
"What you are is what you have been, what you will be is what you do now.
If you want to know your past look into your present condition; if you want to know your future life look at the your present actions.


Now that is something to chew on.
Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment