Thursday, October 20, 2011

CHICKEN WITH LEMON AND GREEN OLIVES


Posted by PicasaCluck, cluck, cluck.  A mighty bowl of goodness. Such a simple recipe I have made it twice yet I cannot recall what magizine I clipped it from. Hubby likes it also.
Here is the recipe.
Chicken with lemon and olives served over couscous.
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons couscous
grated peel and juice of one lemon
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
1 - 1/2 pounds of skinless boneless chicken thighs(patted dry)
1 small onion thinly sliced
2 cloves of garlic sliced
2 tomatoes cored, seeded and cut into small cubes
1/2 cup pitted green olives quartered (we like them whole).


Bring 1 - 1/4 cups water to boil
Stir in couscous, lemon peel and 2 tablespoons olive oil season with salt and pepper.
Cover and let stand 5 minutes before fluffing with a fork. 
Meanwhile in a large non stick pot or large skillet heat the remaining olive oil over medium heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and working in batches brown the chicken thighs till golden. Remove from pan and transfer to a plate, add the onions and garlic to the pan cover and cook stirring occasionally until soft and golden about six minutes.
Return the chicken to the pan stir in the tomatoes, olives and lemon juice and 1/2 cup water. Simmer until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce thickens. Serve over couscous.


This dish is lemony and tart from the olives, a really nice combination of flavors. The first time I made it I served it over egg noodles it was so yummy. So I suppose you could it over most types of pasta or rice as well.


Well I have had one busy morning. So I need to plop in my chair a while as my back is starting to nag a bit at me.
Enjoy the day.







No comments:

Post a Comment