Friday, October 14, 2011

MR. PUMPKIN HEAD ANXIOUS FOR THE OREGON GAME


Posted by PicasaAnother game tomorrow night with Arizona ST. this time. It should be a good game. Mr. Pumpkinhead is excited for the game also. I did not make a body for him this year. Just plopped his head on our little fireplace and he  likes it there as he stays warm and cozy.


I was gone once again today shopping to my dismay. As I mentioned I am NO shopper but every once in a while I must venture out for a needed items. Today it was a new purse. My purses have been getting smaller and smaller since I retired and have a simple life. However the last one was so small I could barely pull my wallet out of it, which may be a good thing lol.
It was a pain though to deal with even though adorable. So today I found a larger purse in a classy understated style that suits me just fine. I also needed a new pair of slippers my old favorites finally died right on my feet poor things. I also needed to go to Trader Joe's for certain items I get there and on and on it went for a few hours this morning. I have had it with shopping now for a while.


I am excited about dinner as I was craving seafood. So made a stop where I purchase my fish. They had just put in the case beautiful little fillets of rock fish fresh from the Pacific. Oh they are delicate and fresh as can be and smell like the sea. So tonight we will dine on rock fish, rice and green salad. Just sounds simple and light to me. I hope hubby will be in the mood also.
Speaking of seafood we are to the beach in a week or so. I made the reservations yesterday. We got our fave room on the top floor with an amazing view and full kitchen. Hubby and I take food and we like to cook at the beach. We always do brunch that is a must. So we sat down last night and planned our menu for our days there. It all sounds so yummy I cannot wait. I love having something to look forward to makes me a happy woman!


I am going to share a great little recipe with you. It is the right time of year to make this as all the ingredients are so available right now.


ROASTED VEGGIES WITH TOMATO TOPPING.
1 medium potato peeled and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
1 medium yam cut into 1/2 inch pieces
1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
2 carrots peeled and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
5 tablespoons of olive oil
1 red onion thing sliced into rings
2 small zucchini cut crosswise into 1/4 inch pieces
salt and pepper to taste
2 large ripe tomatoes cut crosswise into 1/4 inch thick slices
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2-3 tablespoons dried Italian style bread crumbs
fresh basil springs for garnish or you can use parsley.


Heat oven to 400 degrees.
Put all the veggies except the onion slices and tomato slices onto a baking pan and drizzle the oil over add the salt and pepper and mix well with your hands. Next arrange the onion slices over the veggies, then the tomatoes over the onions.  In a bowl stir the bread crumbs with the Parmesan cheese and blend well. Sprinkle this mixture over the tomatoes. Drizzle with a little olive oil over all. 
Bake uncovered until the vegetables are tender and the topping is golden brown. About forty-five minutes. Remove from heat and garnish with basil or parsley if desired.


This is so satisfying there is not need for a meat dish to go with. We like it served with crusty bread or buttery biscuits. A great fall meal so easy to make. Do try it.


Well I must make a call to my son as I missed his calls this morning while I was shopping. It will be nice to chat a bit this afternoon before starting dinner prep. 
It is again a pretty fall day here. Oh how lucky we have been with the weather. Love it!
Later.



No comments:

Post a Comment