Friday, October 21, 2011

TYSON BIRTHDAY THE 23RD


Posted by PicasaThis Sunday is my grandson's Tyson's 28th birthday. I am posting this today as my weekend is jammed full and I may not get another chance.
These are few photo's taken at various times over the past couple of years. We so enjoy Tyson. He was an adorable baby with his head full of blonde ringlets and his bright blue eyes and big smile and the best part was he was so so good. He was a young boy with a big, fun personality and he grew into a thoughtful, delightful, caring young man. We love him so there's nothing more  to say but HAPPY BIRTHDAY TYSON.


Hubby is working today and I am loaded with projects in the house. Tomorrow is an OREGON game so will not get much done other than watching the game as it falls in the middle of the day. Then Sunday I am getting us ready for our trip to the beach for a few days. 


I really lack for things to talk about in the line of food today. Dinner tonight is BLT's with fries. Last night we had a potato,bacon, spinach soup with cheese toasts. Oh I will share how I do my cheese toasts they are crunchy with melty cheese on top add a dash of Tabasco and perfection.


Zo's Cheese toasts.
Toast your fave bread. We like sourdough or something husky.
After toasted medium spread  your fave hot sauce or salsa on each slice. We like pace medium salsa if we do have our home made on hand. Or another good spread is Taco Bravo medium or just mild taco sauce if that is what you prefer. Then top each slice with a good amount of grated cheese, preferably cheddar but last night we used a combo of Jack/Colby cheese. Sprinkle the tops with paprika and pop under the broiler until the cheese is bubbly and slightly browning. Serve immediately.
So gooooood! Believe me. Of course you can do anything to the tops to make them special. Here are some idea's.  Minced onion, herbs, jalenpeno slices, sliced olives.  Also if you really love the heat, use pepper jack cheese. Just be creative.


I must walk now even though it is dull and drab outdoors. Where is the sun? Yesterday it came out at after four pm, what a waste as it was dark in no time.


Tyson have a grand birthday weekend wherever you are and whatever you are doing. We are thinking of you with all our hearts.
Till Later.



No comments:

Post a Comment