Thursday, October 13, 2011

TOMATILLO SAUCE


Posted by PicasaHubby made wonderful salsa yesterday. He had fun in the kitchen creating his salsa. It did smell like a Mexican restaurant in here for a while however. The tomatill0's and garlic and peppers roasting in the oven filled the house with a spicy aroma. He took a jar down to his sis and family, she is nuts for hot salsa. We had a nice afternoon sharing the kitchen for our different duties.
It was lovely day also. Sunny with a few flighty clouds high in the sky and a warm fall  breeze. Very pleasant and inviting for being outdoors.  Which is what we did for a while late afternoon.


I fixed a homey meal last night. I made a fresh green salad with crunchy iceberg, tomatoes, carrots, cucumbers , sweet onions and my home made blue cheese dressing. I have not made blue cheese dressing for a while and I was craving it.
I chicken fried cube steaks and made a brown gravy out the of the bits and drippings in the skillet and for a side I smashed red potatoes with butter and sour cream a fave of ours.
I put up orange twinkly Halloween lights around the nook window. It made for a pretty warm glow as we ate dinner.


We tend to love leftovers. I know some folks do not but hey I do not like to waste food so I usually just do a little something different with it. So tonight I am going to use the remainder of the chicken, zucchini pasta sauce and cook up some rigatoni to mix in and put in a casserole and add grated Parmesan cheese to the top and pop in the oven until the cheese melts. I will make some garlic bread to go with. So not much work required tonight for dinner.


Hubby will be home about two or so today. He is going to work in our front yard and try to get rid of the weeds that are sneaking in. A good weed and feed is in order. Yards are not looking very nice this time of year. Most have blotches, weeds, or they are yellowing. You can certainly tell the yards that have lawn care they are in much better shape and are still nice, green and healthy looking. Believe me if I had the extra dollars I would have yard care. I love a well kept landscape around your home.


Well I must close now and get my walk in under a roof of gray today.
Later.





No comments:

Post a Comment