Monday, October 3, 2011

SUNDAY RAIN


We have been waiting for the rain to show up. The rain was not steady today it came and went throughout the day. We heard frogs this afternoon, they are happy and content. I was croaking back to one earlier. It would croak and I would croak and back and forth to cute. I loved it. Hubby says I am a frog. Well due more to how my body looks than how I sound, but regardless still a frog. But I do so adore frogs. Where I grew up on the farm northwest of Portland we had many frogs as we had a frog pond. In the spring the night was full of their croaking. I would lay in my bed with the window open listening to them tell their stories until I fell asleep.

I was a lazy girl today. Yes I did some tidying this morning but then I was  self indulgent this afternoon. I finished watching a movie I had started before and then I plopped in my chair and read the afternoon away. Hubby was doing onilne Contractors lessons for his license renewal. It is required this year. Sixteen hours of watching videos and taking tests, so the day was mine to spend as I liked.


I am making a simple dinner tonight but my husband loves this kind of old fashioned meal. I am trying the new Johnsonville  chicken garlic, bell pepper sausages. I will just grill them indoors on my grill pan. I will just boil baby red potatoes with the skins on and serve up sauerkraut and fresh sliced tomatoes along side. Once again apple pie and ice cream for desert.  You need to remember my hubby is a Hungarian man so anything with sausage and peppers is a winner. He is easy to please I love that.


I suppose I had better get at that dinner now as we are to be eating in less than a hour. The rain is softly pattering upon the deck and roof. I have the back door open as it is a mild evening and of course that frog is serandanding me once more it is so tempting to join in.
Have a nice evening.




No comments:

Post a Comment