Saturday, October 15, 2011

FISH FRY


Posted by PicasaGood morning and what a grand day it is! I feel so good this morning not because I slept well but regardless I seem to have a abundant amount of energy.
Maybe because it is game day. I always love watching OREGON play.  Hubby is working today but will be home in time for tonight's game.


We had a mouthful of pleasure last night. This fish pictured above was succulent and juicy and so mild. We ate all but two pieces which I will have today for lunch atop the last of the salad and dressing.


It is still gray this morning though it is early yet. We are to have sun and 68 degree's today what an unexpected that treat that is.
I will walk after the clouds evaporate so I can stroll along in the warm sunshine.


Game fare today is chili and those good cheesy muffin's and I will post that recipe on the next blog. I am a sucker for a good muffin or biscuit. My sweet Mommy always made biscuits from scratch and they were so yummy. When young when I would smell biscuits in the oven I was already imagining them with a thick slather of  Mom's berry jam.  Eating them was such a pleasure a soft warm biscuit with that good jam dripping between your fingers. I still love biscuits with jam though I try not just put a light smear on them.
Speaking of jam I must get to the farm on Monday and buy frozen berries. I hope they have some bags left as they are on sale this weekend as it is a busy 
weekend for all the farms. Hay rides,  corn mazes, pumpkin patches and all. All the farms have a nice variety of berries. I try to get the mixed bags if I can which usually consist of blackberries, marion berries and raspberries. It is a good blend but if not available this year I may just go for the blackberries. I will only make about half dozen 1/2 pints. I make freezer jam rather than cooked. I just think it offers more of a fresh flavor. My Mother made both kinds. But in the early years most cooks made the cooked jams as freezer jam was kind of new thing to wrap your head around. I recall Mom standing at that hot stove stirring those big cauldrons of jam as she made dozens of jars of all varieties. I adore that sweet jammy aroma filling the house, there is nothing better.  


Well I have the majority of the house tidy already this morning but other chores still await me so best get to it.


If you are OREGON DUCK fan do not forget the game at seven fifteen. It should be a good one. 















No comments:

Post a Comment