Friday, April 12, 2013

BEEF AND PEPPER STIR FRY

Tonight on the menu is a beef and pepper stir fry over sticky rice. My husband likes this spicy but unfortunately spicy does not like me. So I will use some Chinese five spice in the dish but he will add his Chinese chili paste when he dishes up.

I have had a full morning. I just finished putting bags full of groceries and paper products away. That was a chore.
The pantry is very full just the way I like it.
I was out of the house early. Right after hubby left I made haste so I could beat the grocery store crowds.
I miss my husband today as he is back to the grind of hardwood floor refinishing.

I am pleased with the weather today. We have clear skies at times and then a few high clouds come in and out. It is a nice day as there is no gray.
I plan on doing a few things on the deck this afternoon if the weather holds.
I bought my little viola's sometime back but they still are not planted. I have had them sequestered under a table to protect them from the hard showers we have had recently. So today they finally get to settle into their new home.
I am amazed at the amount of bird poop that is splattered on our deck. This is first year we have had to deal with this kind of mess. 
We have less crows this year I notice and I feel that may be the reason for more birds of every variety. Also our neighbor feeds them so I have a feeling they fed at her house and on their way back home they fly over our deck.... will I need not say more.
So giving the deck a good cleaning this afternoon is on the agenda also.

Tomorrow I am making hermits. They are an old fashioned cookie that my mother made quite frequently. They have coffee in them and nuts and are very tasty especially with a cup of tea or coffee in the morning.
Not that I need a cookie with my morning drink but that is so beside the point.

I paid our income tax today. Ouch. I will say though for what our income is we pay very little as we have so many write offs for the business. But I still dislike writing those checks!

I have had no lunch and I am getting a little hungry and there is a greek yogurt in the fridge calling my name. I absolutely adore Greek Goddess yogurt however it is twice as high in calories as the other greek yogurts. So as a splurge I will indulge myself once in a great while in lieu of eating a healthier brand.

So I am off now for a little break then out to the deck to take care of business.
Have a good Friday.



No comments:

Post a Comment