Monday, April 8, 2013

FRENCH LEMON TART


Posted by PicasaI finally made French lemon tart. I was going to make this when my daughter was here, she did not come as planned so I waited until the other day to make this lemony delicacy.  So I will share this recipe from Bon Appetit magazine.

French Lemon Tart
1  9" piecrust
1  beaten egg
2/3 cups fresh lemon juice
2/3 cup sugar
3 tablespoons heavy cream
1 pinch of salt
5 large eggs
sweetened whipped cream

Preheat oven to 400F
Prick the bottom and sides of piecrust with a fork.
Line with a double thickness of aluminum foil covering the edges. Fill with dried beans or pie weights. Bake 10 minutes. Lift out foil and beans. Lightly beat egg in a small bowl. Brush egg all over warm pastry. Bake pasty until firm and dry about 5 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
Reduce oven temperature to 375F
Whisk together lemon juice, sugar, cream and salt. Add eggs one at a time whisking well after each addition. Pour into piecrust.
Bake until set 25-28 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool 1 hour. Chill 2-3 hours in fridge before serving with sweetened whipped cream.

As you can see this is a very easy recipe. Use a regular pie plate not a tart pan.
I am needing to purchase pie weights. I wonder how many bags of beans I have thrown out over the years. Ridiculous at this point!

Now truthfully my husband and I have had enough of gray weather. Ugly and depressing. He has not worked the past few days so trying to keep ourselves entertained is getting to be a quest.
We have caught up on all that is truly needed in our home. Today we have decided to play scrabble. We were going to play yesterday but we were not in the mood.  Tomorrow we are hoping to go for a ride out in the country to check out a fishing hole for when the season opens. I will take us munchies along. Hopefully there will be some sun the forecast calls for it.
We need to appreciate this time together as shortly my man will be working non-stop until our little vacation.

Our dinner was very good last evening. I made a recipe of my own.  Italian mild sausage  peppers, zucchini and onion and polenta casserole. All is layered in a casserole dish and baked with cheese and marinara sauce. I saute the veggies first and of course pre-cook the sausage. You can either use links or ground. Or I have made it occasionally without meat. Both ways it is a flavorful mouthful.
Tonight we will have leftovers and I am making Paula Deans biscuits to go with.

Have a nice Monday.


No comments:

Post a Comment