Saturday, April 13, 2013

GECKO ON KITCHEN WALL


Posted by PicasaHere's my little friend. Actually I found this guy at the Dollar Tree. I wanted a gecko for my wall so I did not mind spending a dollar..laugh!

Today is chilly and it is going to get colder by tomorrow morning it is to be 32 degree's. I am wondering where is spring.
I did get my violets planted yesterday and the deck cleaned a good thing as the next few days will not be conducive to being outdoors.

We have made our vacation reservations. So unless something changes our minds we have plans. That something that could happen is that my hubby could land an amazing job that would need to be done in the vacation time frame. It has happened before. It really is no big deal we just reschedule our trip for another time. Work always comes first with us.

As it is rather chilly today I decided to make a slow cooker meal of navy beans and ham. Yes it the left over bits and pieces of the Easter ham that I had put in the freezer. I will make some cheesy corn muffins to go with.
I am also going to make hermit cookies this afternoon. My Mother made them frequently. Made with coffee and nuts,warm spices and raisins. I skip the raisins not a fan. These cookies are so good with coffee or tea in the morning. Not that I need a cookie with my morning drink but that is beside the point.

Our beef and pepper stir fry last night was very yummy. I had intentions of taking a photo while it was still steaming in the wok, but got sidetracked obviously as that never happened. I will have a small dish of the leftovers today for my lunch.

I need to make a couple purchases before our trip. We need a new piece of luggage of course one that rolls, spins and all those little tricks. Also I want a new skirt. A saucy little thing. The skirts that are out now are so cute. Short, mid-length, long whatever you desire. All are in a great mixture of colors and patterns and remind me of gypsy skirts. I am going to get a black and white print as that is very practical to go with all my tops.

After we are home and rested from our trip we will start the garden. It is always something my husband enjoys doing. This year the beds need a complete overhaul of soil and fertilizer. We are going to plant only tomatoes and walla,walla onions in the beds. Some herbs and peppers in pots on the deck. With the farms being so close we buy everything else there. The produce at the farms is always so fresh and beautiful. I cannot wait until they open.

I had better get on with my Saturday. The house is quiet with the exception of French Cafe playing on Pandora.
The sun has just made an appearance also. I think I am happy.





No comments:

Post a Comment