Monday, April 15, 2013

OUT THE DOOR

Out the door today to shop a bit.
A good day to do that I think as it is showery and gray the rest of the week is to be better so maybe I can get some things done outdoors then.

My husband will be home early afternoon today as it is what we call a coat day on the floor he has been sanding. Depending on the finish for the hardwood floors one coat or two coats can be applied per day. The floor he is doing now has a polyurethane finish so only one coat can be applied each day as the drying time is longer. So when this happens it gives him a short day which is nice when jobs are lined up back to back.

I meditated yesterday afternoon and it left me feeling so relaxed and centered. I actually did a guided meditation that I found online and it was very good.
In years past I meditated every day. I found I needed it to bring my life into balance. I was working full time and also helping my husband build houses and meditation renewed me.
I am going to try meditating a few times a week now.  It truly soothes me.

I loved my salad last night. A big bowl of mixed greens with carrots,onions,kalamata olives and tomaotes. I made my Mom's russian dressing and we added sliced hard boiled eggs to the top and a sprinkle of fresh grated Parmesan cheese. The combination of the slightly sweet russian dressing and the acidic bite of the olives was a big burst of flavor.

It was crazy in our front yard this morning. Two little squirrel pals were chasing each other and jumping on one another. One had a nut in his mouth compliments of the lady next door. He was trying to stash it but his friend was right on his tail. Finally frustrated he bolted from the yard as fast as his short little legs could carry him.
I get much pleasure in observing wildlife. Not that these squirrels are too wild but they are not tame either. They are morphed to being neighborhood wild pets. We have several always hanging out, running the tops of the fences and scampering across the deck.
When I was cleaning out my flower pots a few days ago they were full of peanuts. I know their hiding places.

Well it is time to head out for a bit of shopping. I hope I return home with a nifty rolling, spinning suitcase.
Our other poor old things have been all over the Caribbean  Mexico and Canada. Too many trips have them tattered and made them old beyond their years. Oh, if they could only talk, I would love to hear the stories. 
One time on a stopover in San Juan PR we saw them just tossed and thrown in a huge pile behind a cardboard sign that read USA. We were nervous they would wind up in New Jersey or Kansas or wherever. However I was the one who almost never boarded the plane. I really got scrutinized. They went over and over my papers and then intently searched through my bags. Reason being is I was so so dark and looked foreign.  That is what the lady with the badge said to me. You do not look American. I was shaking in my sneakers. But after a while she sighed and waved me through and we boarded the plane and our tired old suitcases made it to PDX.

I am back from my little shopping trip. I made haste it is barely after twelve noon.
And yes! I have a lovely new rolling,spinning large black suitcase with bright orange leather trim and a lining in black and white print. This is a cute case and very roomy with two side pockets and two front pockets and it is expandable.It is the perfect size to hold both of our duds.
The best part is this. It is a Lucas brand, very nice. Suggested retail $280. Department store price $120. TJ Max price $60. I love TJ Max for that very reason. Good brand names at very desirable prices. 
So enough about this subject how do I go on and on about a suitcase?

I am off now to do the remainder of my chores and then grab something to eat, healthy I hope and to read a bit. My back is nagging at me so best get off my feet for a little while.
Ciao.



No comments:

Post a Comment