Thursday, April 18, 2013

A TRIP THROUGH THE DESERT


Posted by PicasaSo it will not be long and we are off on a little adventure to Reno NV. Now mind you we could fly direct from Eugene here to Las Vegas a nice airline and quite a quick flight. But no we like the drive in the desert to Reno and make this road trip most springs.
We have our favorite hotel, the Eldorado it has lovely rooms if you get in the right tower. One thing about always doing the same thing you learn all the good things. The Sky tower is a must at the Eldorado. It is newer and taller and if you ask for a luxury king you will be on floors 14-24. We like the higher the better. Of course the players suites are marvelous and we stayed in one last year. We lucked out and got a corner room so we had windows from ceiling to floor on two sides of a huge room. The views were amazing. There is a lovely spa in the room for some soaking time, a very spacious bathroom with walk in tiled shower. A large flat screen telly and a cal king bed that is so comfy and luxurious you never want to crawl out.
We look forward to hanging out at our fave eateries. Have you been to the Little Nugget for the very famous Terrible Burger? This  place was in a competition on national television with the Nugget in Sparks to see who made up the best burger. The little Nugget won. So thus the famous Terrible Burger as it is called, but believe me it is not terrible it is fabulous. We love this burger and always split one when we go to Reno.
Gecko's in the Eldorado is a great tex mex place and we also make it to the Brews Brothers Brewery for brews of course and brick oven pizza. If you are there at happy hour the pizza's are two for one, we each get a individual to our liking. They also have a noodle place now which makes me happy. 
So we know what we like and it works for us. We normally take a drive while in the Reno area we have been to Virginia City more times than I can count and also Incline Village, Lake Tahoe etc. The weather will be warm and sunny for our visit there.
Of course we gamble and I think we enjoy it more as we do it but once a year.
Will we be lucky? Is it in cards? Or in the machines I should say.

I do not know what was wrong with me early this morning. I woke at barely four am and could not go back to sleep. I tried for an hour and that was stressing me out. So I got up at five and tippy toed out of the room as not to rouse my husband. I fixed a cup of tea and sat in my chair and read until my honey got up at 6:00. I may get a little sleepy today who knows? However I know one thing I am hungry and it is only 10 am. I can usually hold off easily until noon.

It is a pretty day here so is spring really here?

As I looked through the kitchen window this morning I saw my little viola's their sweet faces pressed toward the sun. My Mother always had them planted along the sidewalks in flower boxes. Their bright colors and hardiness bring much joy to my heart.

Well I am through playing on the computer now and must get back to the desk to finish my office chores.
Maybe this afternoon I can press my face toward the sun and soak up some warmth.Yes I will make a point to do that.  



No comments:

Post a Comment