Saturday, April 20, 2013

OUR OLD TRUCK BACK

It's back............yes the truck we bought new and then sold seven years ago is back in our driveway. I must say my husband is very happy about this event. He loved that truck. It will be perfect for hauling his fishing boat and then a travel trailer next summer.
He is looking forward to detailing it and taking care of the repairs that need doing. Sadly the inside was not given the tender loving care that we give our vehicles.
But mechanically we feel it is a gem! So back in truck world for us.

Today is to be sixty degree's. I sure will enjoy that. It is gray this morning but it a bright gray so hope prevails.

Our big pot of chicken veggie soup finally was depleted last night. Tonight I am making panni's. We make those about once every two weeks we love them and my Cusinart Griddler makes them soooooo good. So tonight the panni's will be layered with black forest ham, munster cheese, tomato slices and fresh basil leaves. I will make home fries to go with and secret sauce for dipping the fries in.I am sure my hubby will toss a couple hot pickles he makes on his plate.
That Griddler is a good piece of kitchen equipment to have. I am not a gadget person I tend to like simple utensils in my kitchen but the griddler is good for other things other than panni's. It has flat plates if you have company and want a nice size griddle for pancakes. I have made steaks on the grill plates. When we had the motorhome I always took the griddler along as that is how we grilled our steaks if we did not want the mess of the bbq grill. It does a good job on most everything. 
I am thinking of getting a full size food processor. I have a small one that fits onto my cusinart blender. It works great for small batches of salsa etc. However I want to make pie and tart crust and various things and a large one is needed for that. So I am considering purchasing one. I just do not know where to house it in my kitchen as it is a big appliance and I have the cupboards loaded as it is.

I must get on with my day as there is much I need to do.
Have a lovely spring weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment