Wednesday, June 22, 2011

BANANA BREAD


Posted by PicasaThis recipe is called Holiday Banana Bread. Reason being at holiday time you add dried cherries or cranberries or any kind of nuts or whatever you desire to the recipe. What I added yesterday was flax meal and chopped cashews. I have made it many different ways always yummy and always turns out perfect if you do not over bake.


The recipe is such.
Holiday Banana Bread.
1 stick of butter melted
1 cup of sugar
2 eggs at room temp
3 mashed bananas
2 cups of flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup of chopped nuts or mixture of whatever.


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine all the ingredients and mix well folding in the nuts last. Pour into bread loaf pan that has been greased and floured.
Bake for 45 minutes then place foil over the top of the pan so the bread does not get too brown. Bake another 15 minutes. Cool and serve.
So good with a smear of cream cheese or honey butter.
I just had a piece with my morning coffee just warmed as is. Very hearty and tasty.


I really have nothing on my agenda for the day. I love that. Like a blank canvas I can fill in or let just happen what happens.
I will walk in a bit. Right now it is very pleasant outside. We woke to bright blue skies and big sun at present there are a few high feathered clouds. 
Yesterday it did not get as warm as predicted as we had coastal clouds moving in and out throughout the day. We did run the air conditioner last evening as it was somewhat muggy.


If I have a mind to I will work a little more in our back yard area today. It would behoove me to get some yard work taken care of before hot summer mode sets in.


I have new photo's of Audrey and Jack which I will post tomorrow. Such adorable babies. Fun to have babies in the family again it has been many years since little ones have graced our lives.
Enjoy your day whatever you are doing.
Chow

No comments:

Post a Comment