Thursday, June 16, 2011

ROASED CHICKEN CHINGALINGA



This is the little dinner I fixed with the left over beer can chicken a few days ago. This is always a good meal especially if you care for mexican food. It is not spicy unless you make it that way with added hot sauce or salsa over the top. It is a good way to use left over chicken or pork.


Today I have underway a boneless beef roast in the slow cooker. I made my rub of spices and kosher salt and patted that into the meat and then seared the meat before adding to the slow cooker.
This helps keeps it juicy as well as gives it great flavor. I first added fresh garlic and chopped onions and a few slices of bell pepper to the slow cooker before adding the meat. I then drizzled a little beef stock over the top. All will be done by six. I will serve tonight with boiled red potatoes and make a brown gravy from the drippings. I will serve with steamed broccoli for a side dish. This roast will morph into tomorrow nights dinner which hubby and I will share with Gina. I will be making shredded beef tostado's heaped with refried beans,  chopped ice berg lettuce, sweet onion, tomatoes and grated cheese, sour cream and hot sauce. This is a easy meal to make and it will be light, if we just eat one each.


I had a marathon of a shopping day yesterday. I left the house before nine and did not get home until after two. As I have said before I am not a shopper but I needed to pick up my daughter some items for her birthday bag and also grocery shop for the week. I went to three grocery stores for specified items and sales. Then also banked, had the oil changed in my rig and went to two discount stores, plus the mall. I was worn to a frazzle. I did accomplish all I wanted though and that was the goal. I just could never understand the thrill of shopping. I shop when I must or absolutely need something. To just stroll around a mall or shops just looking and perhaps making purchases that I do not need has never been my idea of fun. I was the same when I was a young girl. My friends never like to go shopping with me and I never tag along with them. I just want to buy whats needed and the get the heck out of there. My Mother thought it was funny. She rather liked to go and browse but not with me. She said I was no fun and she knew I would be getting irritated or bored or whatever it is I get when I shop. 


Now today I will wash the living room windows in and out. Clean the other parts of the house I did not get to on Tuesday. Wrap my daughters gifts and clean the deck. The deck needs cleaning every day it seems. As soon as hubby finishes these next two jobs and has a break for a couple of days he will stain the deck and I will paint the deck railings. We do this every year as we must.


Our garden is looking good! The third planting of the cucumbers succeeded.  The squash leaves are getting quite large now and the walla walla onions look amazing. I wish we had planted more of them. The romaine looks healthy now and the red leaf lettuce is also doing well. We are growing a salad in our garden. What fun that is to pick all you need outside your door for a fresh salad. We just love it! Can't wait!


It is pretty here this morning. The day is bright, the sky is blue, the air is warm. What is not to like? I will get my walk underway here shortly. I did not walk yesterday as I ran out of time. I hate when I miss but sometimes it just does not happen. If I wait to late in the day my back will not allow it. I do not like the fact that I am getting older and dealing with issues like that.


My son called yesterday. He was chuckling as he now has a singing dog. Mike was playing his harmonica outdoors the other day while enjoying time with his dog. Well Bruin started to bark at first but the then he started singing and howling right along. Mike got so tickled by his antics he stopped playing and started laughing. When he quit playing Bru tipped his head at him and wanted more music. So Mike started up again and Bru put his head to the sky and wailed and sang.  So Mike and Bru had a fun time hanging out together and making music.  Now Mike will say to Bru do you want to hear the Monica(as he calls it to Bru) and Bruin gets all excited same as if he were getting a doggy treat. So his big doggy learned a new trick.


Well as you can tell I really have nothing of real importance to say so I am just chattering. I do not know if I will write again until my daughter has left on Monday. There really will not be time as I will be having too much fun!
Ciao.










No comments:

Post a Comment