Sunday, June 12, 2011

GRILLED BEER CAN CHICKEN


Posted by PicasaI know I have posted a photo of  beer can chicken before but just could not resist. It is so much fun to make and it smells incredible while it is roasting  on the grill. This time was even more amazing as we put a pan of hickory chips in the bottom of the grill. The chicken came out with a crispy skin as you can see and the meat was tender, juicy and smokey. It was the best tasting one we have ever made.
Tonight with the leftovers I am making chicken chili chingalinga's. 
What I do is pull the chicken off the bones and put in a large bowl, to the bowl I will add diced green chili's, onions that I have sauteed in a little butter, red chili flakes to taste salt and pepper and green taco sauce and mix all together.
Then you heat flour tortillas and spoon the mixture on the tortilla and roll and fold to close. I put a toothpick in to hold all in place. Then you drop into hot oil and fry till golden brown. After putting them on a plate you add chopped ice berg lettuce and tomatoes and onions over the top. Then top with cheese and salsa and serve guacamole and sour cream to the side for dipping. You can serve these whole it you like but I like to cut them into thirds or quarters depending how large of tortillas you use. This is my own recipe and we have been making these yummy little guys for years with leftover roasted chicken or roast pork.


We got caught in a hard rain shower this afternoon. We were surprised that this happened today. We were at a graduation party this afternoon and sitting outdoors in this beautiful garden area eating.  A few rain drops started and we noticed a dark line of clouds approaching from the west. It continued to get darker and then the storm let go and hard rain started in earnest. We ran for shelter as the rain spattered down upon us. My thin cotton shirt was just sopped. I was not the only one so at least I did not stand out from the crowd.
Now that we are home the sky seems to be lightening up again so it was just a short event at the wrong time.
Tomorrow I post some photo's of Brooke. Her graduation last night was lovely and she sang like a angel. What a adorable talented gal she is. Today the grad celebration with her friends was lovely.


Well I must call my brother now as I promised I would call this afternoon late.
He has been at the lake camping and is leaving Tuesday morning to another area to boat and camp with his son. He does so well considering he is not a young man any longer. But he stays fit and does what he enjoys. Life is to enjoyed!


Till tomorrow have a lovely Sunday evening.





No comments:

Post a Comment