Tuesday, June 21, 2011

DAUGHTER GINA


Posted by PicasaDaughter Gina, enjoying our belated birthday gift exchange which are bags full of little meaningful or non-meaningful things. We get delighted no matter what.
For three days we laughed, ate good food and drank too much wine I fear. That happens sometimes when we get together. We just get to happy and want to celebrate. The first day she arrived we sat in the garden spot and felt the heat between clouds. We opened our gifts and I made shredded beef tostado's for dinner. The next day we woke to gray we were planning to be out and about so we just weathered the storm. It was a strange rain, a soaking mist that got heavier and denser as the day went on. We ate at PF Chang's Chinese Bistro their food is always divine. We had a starter of their tangy chicken lettuce wraps. Actually we were full after the appetizer but we wanted to order something as we knew we could bring it home. I ordered a rice dish and Gina ordered a noodle dish. We then made a stop at the grocery store on the way home for peppers, cilantro and limes as hubby wanted to make Gina the hot harbanaro salsa she likes. Then we stopped at a cute little place in the neighborhood to play a little video poker. Now granted we are not big gamblers  but this is something that the two of us like to do sometimes. So that was our second day.
Third day found us under pretty skies and warm weather. We chatted and sat in the garden and then later I made blue cheese stuffed burgers on seeded kaiser rolls. I also added crispy bacon and provolone cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, onion slices , jalenpeno slices and my special burger sauce. Well these were mighty tall burgers. I do so wish I had taken a photo. Once again I could barely get my over to take my first bite. I did only eat half though due to the size of the thing. However daughter and hubby managed to eat the whole thing! I had baked potato salad to go with and lemon pudding and whipped cream for a late desert. So it was a simple fun meal and we dined at the patio table. I loved that and have missed dining outdoors.  The evening was warm and lovely.
So that was my Gina's visit to her Mom's.


I just crashed yesterday I was worn out I suppose. Late hours on top of the too much of everything else!
Today I rallied around and was at the grocery stores quite early then on for another stash of reading material. 
The washer has been spinning away as I catch up on laundry.  Now I am going to make a very delicious banana bread. I have tossed all my other banana bread recipes except for this one. It is amazing.  It is always moist with great banana flavor and I load it with nuts and flax. I will take a photo tomorrow and post the recipe.
Tonight it a veggie meal. Bakers loaded with a garden salad and home made blue cheese dressing. I do not know what time hubby will be home from the job site today but I am thinking late as it is a big job. He will be so tired as it is muggy and warm today.


So I am off to the kitchen to make the banana bread then will watch a couple of episodes of my fave new cooking program. It is French Food at Home with Laura Calder. I love it and enjoy her so much. She is delightful and it is kind of a whimsical little show. For some reason right now I am so into everything French. Odd I wonder why?
Adieu







No comments:

Post a Comment