Friday, June 10, 2011

SOUTHWEST TURKEY BURGER


Posted by PicasaThis was really a good burger. I could barely get my mouth around it but I must have managed as a short while later my plate was clean. I do not usually eat a whole burger of any kind. But I was hungry last night as I had not eaten anything since my breakfast sandwich other than a snack of  a couple wheat crackers and a piece of string cheese.
We had great day outdoors yesterday. We did what was needed in the garden then hubby made a pitcher of his special tequila sunrises and we sat in our garden area under a patio umbrella to keep our frozen drinks from melting. It was festive back there with the fence art and brightly stripped umbrella. It gets so hot there no wonder our garden does well. We later sat on the deck in the shade of a tree and we were so thankful that lawnmower man was not indulging his passion.


We are looking forward to this afternoon and evening. As I mentioned we are attending our niece Brooke's high school graduation at the Hult Center. It is always such a pleasure to go to the Hult Center for the performing Arts. It is a grand facility. We will meet up with hubby's family in the lobby before the event starts. We are going down town a couple of hours earlier to have a nice dinner and stroll around the 5th st Market area. We love doing that. However we have not decided what we are in the mood to have for dinner. There are quite a few eateries in this area so we just need decide what our mouths are watering for.


Hubby starts a large job on Tuesday and will be tied up with that job for over a week. My daughter Gina is coming for a visit on Friday and will spend three nights. We have plans made of course as I am a planner. I do not like to leave things to chance like...........where should we go, what will we do, where will we have lunch etc. I like plans as we want to make every moment count. I know we will eat at PF Changs for one lunch. We both love to sit in their classy bar and have the chicken lettuce wraps for an appetizer. I love their lo mien and always tend to get that however their rice and noodle bowls are wonderful too. We are going to walk in the park one day along the river. Eugene is known for it's bike and walking paths. They are everywhere and go everywhere but the ones along the Willamette river are the prettiest especially this time of year when all is velvet green. I will fix us a meal here one night and we will dine on the patio weather permitting. I am going to try something new as I have hundreds of recipes just begging to be made. There are just not enough days in the week to make all I want to make.


We have the same ol gray blanket of low clouds this morning. However it is suppose to lift to expose sunny skies for the afternoon. At least there are no showers.


We slept in till eight this morning which was nice as we have been up so early every morning. I made us fluffy scrambled eggs with onions, fresh spinach and grated Parmesan cheese for breakfast we also had slices of nine grain toast. I was good and sprinkled on flax seed meal on my slice. You do not taste anything different except perhaps a slight nutty flavor, so our breakfast should hold us until we have our early dinner downtown.


I must get out the door now for my daily walk. I do not feel like walking this morning but I will go as I must.
Till tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment