Thursday, June 9, 2011

ZO'S HEALTHY BREAKFAST SAMMIE


Nummy, nummy for your tummy and health too.
This is my own little breakfast creation.
One slice of your choice whole grain bread toasted.
Peanut butter
1/2 half banana sliced. Just eat the other half while making your sandwich.
1 teaspoon of flax seed meal
a drizzle of honey

Make the toast and cut in half.
Smear peanut butter on both insides
Sprinkle the flax seed meal over the peanut butter.
Add the sliced banana and drizzle with honey.
Put cut sides together and press. The bananas have a tendency to slip a bit while taking bites. It is not easiest sammie to eat but it is a grand way to start your day!

I went walking really early this morning as hubby was up early and out the door. I walked for forty minutes at a brisk pace. Today the sky is summer blue with pale cotton clouds adrift here and there. The air is warm and it is to be 77 degrees.
I also have made a trip to the farm this morning for a few more flowers, herbs, lettuce and pepper plants. I bought five pepper plants a red cherry bomb a yellow Hungarian wax pepper and two jalenpeno's and one serano. Hubby loves growing peppers it is fun for him and eats them hot or not.
We will work in the garden this afternoon. He will plant and I will get all fertilized it is time again. I am also going to hang my garden fence decor. I have been reluctant to do so because of the weather but now we are to have ten shower free days. FINALLY!
I will also put a festive table cloth on the patio table set up the umbrella and put the patio chair cushions on. I have waited for this day for a long time it seems. I love setting up the deck and making it summer ready.

This evening we are grilling southwest turkey burgers on seeded buns. I like to loosen the turkey up a bit as turkey is so dense. So I normally add a egg and a few bread crumbs and seasonings. When the burgers are medium I will lay on each patty a whole green canned chili pepper on top of that two slices of  cheese one white American and one pepper jack and close the grill lid till the peppers are hot and the cheese is melted.
We always grill our buns to the side while the meat is cooking. Neither hubby nor I care for cold buns. I drizzle them with olive oil and they slowly heat and brown. I will put out lettuce, tomatoes and sweet onion slices to go on the burgers. I love making my simple little sauce for burgers of any kind. A dab of mayo a squirt of ketchup, a squeeze of mustard and a dab of horseradish and onion and garlic powder and black pepper.  There you have all the condiments you would want all mixed together. Easy. I am just serving the burgers with home made pickles and kettle chips the burgers are big and filling.

I hope we can eat outdoors. I say this because it has nothing to do with the weather which will be lovely this evening but it has everything to do with lawn mower man that lives behind our house . His yard is right behind our high row of shrubs. This man mows every two days and goes over his lawn three times. Yes you heard me right, three times. The usual length of time he mows is one hour and twenty minutes. He mows his front and side yards first then the back yard then on alternate days he mows his rental next door. He has the loudest lawn mower we have ever heard. It is just disheartening peparing to eat or grill or just be out on your deck enjoying life when he starts this marathon. His mowing has been a thorn in our side since moving to this house. Does he not think? Is he so bored with his life that all he dreams of is to mow his lawn?  Does he hate his wife? Does he it do it to irritate all the neighbors? Or is the guy just an IDIOT?  So we are holding good thoughts that tonight there will not be a mowing event.

Well I must get going on my outdoor chores and I cannot wait I am so excited to make summer happen on our deck.
I hope your day is lovely as well wherever you are.
Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment