Monday, June 27, 2011

HAPPY FACES


Posted by PicasaI love my potted flowers. I have several now scattered about the back deck. They just make me happy when I see them with their little faces all bright and happy.


Hubby is finishing a job today and then no more work for a few days. We have some events coming up. As well as the 4th we will be celebrating hubbies birthday and our anniversary. July is a fun month for us usually with our gatherings, parties and such.
We have been trying to decide what to do for his birthday day. I think Hubby wants to go to his fave mexican restaurant and order lots of food and have his favorites margarita's. So that is fine with me it is his day to choose. I have picked him up some goodies to open later and we will have family down for fresh strawberry shortcake and whipped cream after we return from our late lunch. Hopefully the weather will be nice so we can enjoy the evening outdoors. We are surrounded in our area by strawberry fields. They are coming on now a little later than usual due to the damp spring. They are always such a treat. 
My daughter bought me a bright yellow pail style ice bucket. Very cute! I am anxious to use it.  So I will fill with ice and pop in a bottle of pinot gris should go great with the strawberry shortcake. I love new things for entertaining!


Hubby will be working on our anniversary on a big job so we will not celebrate on that day. We have been discussing running over to the beach for a night when we have the time and eating at our favorite place for fish and chips then spending the night in the ocean front hotel there. That would be a nice anniversary treat.  Over the fourth we usually find ourselves doing nothing or going to his sisters house for food and street fireworks. Street fireworks are not a fave of mine and I really feel strongly they are just an annoyance to a great many folks. Especially folks with pets as most go ballistic because of the noise. I do know though my husband enjoys it.  I have come to the conclusion it is mainly for kids and men.


We had the most amazing fish dinner last and truthfully I had planned to take a photo while either cooking or after plating but I forgot and started eating. We had orange roughy fillets. Mouth watering believe me. Tonight we are just having simple fare. Chicken fried steaks made with cubed steaks and mashed garlic and sour cream potatoes with gravy and a garden salad. Nothing special but good old country cooking.


It is such a pleasant day today. I have both doors open as the front and back doors both have screen doors. I truly love screen doors. Not a slider just a plain old fashioned screen door. I remember so often when I was young my Mom saying as I left don't slam the screen door and of course it would slam. That is what screen doors do. But there is something nostalgic about them. Like Grandma's house you know what I mean? An old fashioned thing. I love the fresh air that comes in and I have the ceiling fans circulating it throughout the house. I do not mind the cooler weather no need for the air conditioning but I do like the sky blue. Which it is today with a few whimsical clouds spattered about here and there.


Today I worked for a couple of hours catching up the office. Also the washer and dryer are busy today. For two folks why all the laundry? Must be hubby.


Well I need to take my daily stroll so best get out the door. The walk will be lovely today with the nice day and the neighborhood seems quite quiet, I like that. 
Chow.





No comments:

Post a Comment