Tuesday, September 11, 2012

CRESCENT LAKE OREGON


Posted by PicasaHere we were on a little getaway for a few days to our old time fave lake. This time we were joined by my daughter Gina and her fiancee Douglas.
We rented a wonderful cabin there was more than enough room for the four of us.
Some of the food we served up was grilled chicken with potato salad and grilling beans. We also enjoyed huge lobsters with lemon garlic butter compliments of Doug. Melt in your mouth grilled rib steaks provided by us and mixed green salad with the La Pine Inn (my Mom's) blue cheese dressing. For an appetizer Douglas brought lobster claws. Hubby made salsa fresca with chips.  What a feast!
Days spent at the beach and evenings in the cabin provided a very fun trip indeed.

I have been home two days and am still catching up to my home life. The washing machine is whirling as I type I still have a load or two to go.
I cleaned the car yesterday and packed all the beach gear away.
Tomorrow will be my weekly grocery shopping and errand day.

It is windy here today but tomorrow we are back in summer mode it is to be into the nineties on Thursday. That is great as the heat will ripen the not yet red tomatoes.  
We came home to lots of juicy red tomatoes. This afternoon I will pick many. The tomatoes this year have great flavor and they are abundant but they are much smaller than most years. The slowest to ripen are the Heirloom variety.  I bought purple heirlooms this year. They are looking good but not ready yet.

I am pressed for time today so I will leave you now. Enjoy your day whatever your pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment