Sunday, September 16, 2012

WASP STING LINGERS

The wasp sting effects are still lingering.
My foot is miserable. Totally swollen, red and so itchy I was ready to scream last night. I could not sleep but a few hours. I would go to the kitchen and swab on apple cider vinegar. Seems to work better than the itch creams I have in the medicine cabinet.
I just now took a hardy dose of benedryl once more. I hate to as it makes me so tired. But better tired than the other effects. I cannot do much anyhow limping around on this club foot.

Our dinner last night was amazing. I love a meal with all fresh ingredients from the farms and our own garden. We did have steak too but somehow most of it was left so obviously we both gorged on the veggies. So tonight I am going make a huge salad with more fresh vegetables and our garden tomatoes. I am thinking of making either honey Dijon or Russian dressing. I will slice the leftover steak thin and we can add it to the tops of our salads. So either dressing would be a nice accompaniment to the steak salad. I also have a half loaf of the wheat crusty bread from the other evening which I will toss in the oven to crisp and heat. So I will make some garlic/Parmesan spread for that. So a night of wonderful leftovers. What could be easier than that. Which of course will work out well considering the fat foot.

I heard from my youngest granddaughter Kali and she is wanting to come visit her Grams. Makes so happy she desires to hang out with me. So we will make something work out between her schedule at the hospital and our always changing schedule.

Well OREGON blistered Tennessee Tech but that was to be expected. Now the harder games begin. We are playing Arizona here next Saturday. Hubby is so anxious for that game. We had better handle those turnovers and silly mistakes before the next game. We have a young team so some of that I suppose should be expected.
Who would have thought I could be interested in college football? Well it comes from my husbands enthusiasm for the game and living in this city. When you live here in Eugene you really cannot help become a fan. Our city is crazy for our Ducks.

Well I am feeling tired now so I will go finish the Sunday paper and sit in my chair with an ice bag on my foot. Hopefully that swelling will start to dissipate. I just hate wasting another day but what to do? I am missing my walks.

If your weather is anything like ours get out there and enjoy! It is magnificent. 
Ciao



No comments:

Post a Comment