Tuesday, September 18, 2012

WILDFIRE IN THE CASCADES


Posted by PicasaThis is the scene of a bad wildfire in the Sisters wilderness area of Oregon. This fire is five miles from the little tourist town of Sisters. Several area's are on evacuation alert.
This photo was posted by one of my FB friends. It is quite dramatic I feel.
We are experiencing a little smoke here in the valley from this fire. You can see the haze in the distance looking east. But the sky here today is blue and it is a perfect late summer day.
Every year there are fires on the east side of the Cascade mountain rage. There is a lot of trees that are dead or in the process of dying because of beetles. It is natures way to rid the forest of dead and dying trees. But unfortunately there are communities that live near the wilderness area's. So that poses a lot of problems. There are many firefighters fighting this fire.

The yellow jacket stings on my foot are improved today and I am so thankful. It has been five days now. The swelling is down considerably but my toes are still somewhat numb. I am going to be very wary of bee's and wasps in the future. I do not want to go through this again.

Today it will be another day of roasting tomatoes for sauce. I picked another large bowl this morning. It is an easy process so I do not mind in the least. Especially knowing that my freezer holds that yummy sauce to enjoyed later into the winter.

Tonight in our kitchen I am making pork schnitzel. I will serve it with yukon gold potatoes smashed with the peeling on and corn on cob.
The sauce for the schnitzel is tasty and perfect drizzled over the potatoes.
I will take a photo of the dish this evening and share the recipe on the next post.

I was out and about this morning doing a couple of errands. It was good to get out the house. I was so happy my foot fit (though snugly) into my sandal!
I will leave you now and go into my kitchen and start making sauce.
Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment