Thursday, September 20, 2012

TOSTADAS WITH FRESH TOMATOES

to
Posted by PicasaI made a easy quick dinner last night. I was not in the mood to make a big meal so I just rustled up tostada's.
We loaded crispy corn shells with the refried beans I had made a few days ago, next came mexican blend cheese, ground chuck browned with taco sauce, cumin and peppers. Chopped sweet onions and iceberg lettuce and finally a huge amount of chopped tomatoes right from the garden.
Condiments consisted of sour cream and salsa bravo.
They were fun to eat and tasty. Perfect for a night when we just wanted something easy yet filling. Hubby is always a happy man when I set mexican food in front of him.
As much as I love being in my kitchen and creating a fine meal there are times when I just want to toss something together quickly. You know what I mean? 

Hubby is cooking Saturday as he will be home. The OREGON game is at seven-thirty so we will have dinner before the game. He is making a Hungarian dish we like. He will use fresh tomatoes in it instead of canned this time as they are taking over our counter space at this point.

He are hoping for a amazing game Saturday. We are finally after three games playing a competitive team. We have won the last three games but we were expected to do so. This Saturday we play Arizona. So we will see how our Ducks handle themselves. They have been making some simple mistakes. They had better be on guard.

It is a gray dismal day here in Eugene. I certainly desire more sun at this point. We normally have a nice summer stretching beyond the 21st the first day of autumn. We have a laundry list of things to do outdoors before the rain is upon us. The nice weather had better do us a favor and hang on for a bit.
This weekend hubby will be trimming and thinning trees and hedges. Cleaning the hot tub getting it ready to fill and taking care of the lawns. 
I need to get the outside windows washed and the sidewalks and driveway cleaned. So both of us will be busy little beavers or should I say ducks?

I was out and about early this morning. Thursday is usually my grocery shopping day. I went to two places and then ran a couple of other errands.
Every time I go grocery shopping lately I am aware of the rising prices. I am the type of shopper that is well aware of prices, sizes, comparisons etc. I shop with my eyes wide open! No matter how I try to hold the cost of our groceries down they seem to go up.
My routine is this. I make a weekly menu up usually comprised of certain things that are in the sale ads. Then I make my list accordingly. I rarely stray from my list unless I see something that I need and had forgotten to put on the list.
I keep a magnetic pad on the fridge and note items when they are running low or I run out the them completely. If I waited until I made out my weekly list I would probably forget some of those items if I had not jotted them down. I so dislike returning to the store for something I forgot.
There are certain things I always keep in the pantry and fridge so I can make a variety of things if need be.
I shop at the farms the seven months a year they are open and get all of our fresh produce there that we do not grow ourselves. The farm prices are a little less than the stores but the quality is amazingly better.


I am excited as our new wood blinds for the living room and dining room are being delivered today. Hubby will install them this weekend. It will make the rooms look more modern and allow us a little more versatility than we have now.
Now we have pleated shades. So they are either up or down. With the wood blinds we can have them down and open or entirely up or closed. 
They will look rich and warm with our wood floors of the same color.
I am sure this will propel me onward to make more updates. That is how it goes. After being in the design field for all those years I know once you get started one thing leads to another.

I think perhaps this is to long today....sorry.  I will leave you now and go to my chair and read the morning paper as I did not have the time earlier.



No comments:

Post a Comment