Tuesday, September 4, 2012

HOLLAND'S WEDDING


Posted by PicasaThese photo's are of our niece Holland's wedding in Bend this past Saturday. Holland and her fiancee Kesaria(his name is of Russian decent) were married at Holland's parents ranch in Bend. Kesaria actually is from La Pine where my children lived their young lives.

The day was beautifully clear with that deep central Oregon sky, mountain vistas and bright sun.
The grounds were exquisite. I never spied a weed in all those flower beds or the yards for that fact. You talk about manicured! 
Everything was perfect. The colors for the wedding were black and white. That was perfect with the bright colored flowers that edges all the yards and walkways. When evening came on the long dining tent glowed with hundreds of tiny twinkling lights as did the solar lights in tree's and the patio area. 
We so enjoyed ourselves. It was extra nice for hubby as his entire family was there.
There was a abundance of good food and the cake was the best wedding cake this gal ever took a bite of. Well bite of is misleading as I had a very large slice of cake. Yellow cake with lemon curd and a layer of strawberries embedded in the bottom layer which was lemon....heaven.

Now to get ready for our trip to the cabin with my daughter and her fiancee. The weather will be beautiful and warm. Such a pleasure this time of year. I for one cannot wait to tip my toes in the cold water of Crescent Lake and sit on that white beach gazing about at that pristine area.

I am rather annoyed today.  I was ready to go grocery shopping and banking etc today. I loaded my reusable grocery bags in the car and turned over the ignition and nothing..........deader than a door nail as they say. What???? We have not drove it since returning home on Sunday. There was no radio left on, our GPS was not on. I called hubby at the job site to complain so when he gets home this evening we will have to push the car out of the garage and jump it with the work van. Let us hope it will start. If not then what? Seems it is always something doesn't it?

So now I have a day I did not plan but I am sure it will be filled there is much to do as always.
I will leave you now and configure another day for myself.

Enjoy these last few days of summer. I always so miss it when it is gone for another year. I plan on taking a long walk I was going to skip that this morning as I was anxious to get my running done. So see something positive happened regardless.
Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment