Monday, September 17, 2012

FARM STAND CORN......AMAZING


Posted by PicasaLook at the size of this corn! So plump sweet and juicy. It is wonderful to go the farm and see the corn truck coming in from the field and knowing that you are buying the freshest corn available. 

I am still dealing with a puffed up foot from the wasp sting. I got stung on Friday so this is getting tiresome already!
Today though it is not quite as puffed and the itching has subsided somewhat. So that is the good news. The bad news is I still cannot fit into shoes. So no taking my walk for a while yet.
I have been taking benedryl and that makes me so tired. I walk around like a zombie. I took a hour nap yesterday and sleep a lot of hours last night as well. Those pills just zonk me out.

I was going to make more roasted tomato sauce today but I need a few more overly ripe tomatoes. So I will wait a day.  I have a huge bowl for eating sitting on the counter. Hubby takes about three small ones in his lunch each day and we are eating on them constantly.
I have four quarts of sauce now in the freezer. I feel this is the best way for this household to use extra tomatoes. We eat a lot of pasta with tomato based sauces, we also eat a lot of pizza, and I like to use the red sauce with my polenta dishes as well. So the roasted tomato sauce always gets used up.
Today instead of tomato sauce I am making chunky applesauce. I will just make a couple of quarts. I bought some beautiful pork loin chops the other day at the butcher block. So the homemade applesauce will be a nice compliment. I also like it for breakfast/lunch with a piece of cinnamon toast. That is a treat from childhood. Mother would fix that for my brother and I.

Well I am working in the office today a good thing to do when I want to be off my feet or foot I should say. So I best not linger on the computer and get to my secretarial duties.

Oh once again so lovely in the valley today. Warm, warm with a gentle breeze. It is a little hazy but I do not smell smoke that is not the case on the east side of the mountains. The wildfires have been plentiful this summer.

Enjoy this summer day.


No comments:

Post a Comment