Saturday, September 15, 2012

WASP STING

What can I say but ouch!
I was picking tomatoes yesterday afternoon and a wasp crawled into the front of my flip flop of course I was unaware of this event. I went to take a step and it felt like I stepped on a sharp needle. I then saw it fly from out from my sandal. It got me twice, double the pleasure I suppose........not!
So yesterday was dealing with the pain and swelling. Last night the itching started. This morning the swelling is horrendous. The skin on my foot is so tight it feels as if it will split if I put weight on it.   The first half of my foot starting at my toes is numb. But not numb enough to not feel the itchiness.
I looked online and it recommend using cider vinegar for the pain and itch. So once again apple cider vinegar has come to my reduce. Seems to be my to go to remedy for many things. Amazing stuff though it is important to buy the kind with what that call the "Mother" in it. That is the sediment at the bottom.
So my day begins slowly. I had much planned I wanted to accomplish today especially since I did not do a thing other than make dinner and an apple pie after my stinging event yesterday. I still need to thoroughly clean the deck and tend to my flowers. Am I afraid of bee's now? Seems maybe I am as I really do not want to go out there today.
I need to try to get a flip flop on that big foot. I must go for propane so we can grill this evening.

Dinner at Zo's tonight is: A grilling steak to share, a foil packet of veggies drizzled with olive oil and sprinkled with fresh herbs, grilled corn from the farm with lime honey butter, and thick sliced tomatoes from our garden. 
For desert tonight we will have the gravenstein apple pie I made yesterday afternoon while standing on a ice pack. That was a first.

Have a great Saturday. It is a perfect September day here. Warm, sunny, lovely.
So I will leave you now and drag my large foot along while doing my chores.

No comments:

Post a Comment