Wednesday, September 19, 2012

SARAH'S ADVENTURE CONTINUES


Posted by PicasaI have not posted any news about Sarah our niece for a while. So here is a collage of recent photo's taken in Colmar, Alsace.
Sarah is happily installed now as an au pair in Switzerland. She has three children in her care and lives in a very nice home and her room has a smashing view! She also has her own patio! She is taking German language classes a couple evenings a week and doing a lot of traveling on her weekends off. She will applying soon for a teaching position abroad.
Yes it is quite a life this young woman is living. Of course we all miss her but know she is traveling her own path and loving every minute of it.

I had promised to share the schnitzel recipe and take a photo of last night's meal. Well I never even thought of taking a photo last night. We were so hungry we dished up asap and then the humming started. It was a very good meal. The pork was tender on the inside with a crunchy crust. The sauce was good. So here is that recipe. I highly recommend it.

Pork schnitzel with dill sauce.
4 boneless loin chops 1/2 thick
(I took two chops and sliced them through the middle to make four cutlets)
1 teaspoon of Ms. Dash, season salt, or kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 egg beaten
2 tbsp. milk
3/4 cup panko crumbs
1 teas paprika
3 tbsp canola or grape oil for frying
3/4 cup chicken stock
1/2 teaspoon dried dill or 2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill.(I used fresh)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup sour cream(full fat)

Set out three shallow bowls. Flour and seasoning salt and pepper into one, the beaten egg with the milk in one, and the panko crumbs with paprika into one.
Dredge the cutlets into the flour mixture then dip into the egg mixture and then coat well in the panko.
Heat oil to med high heat. Saute cutlets 3-4 minutes each side. When they are golden brown remove from pan and cover with foil.
Add the chicken broth into the pan to deglaze the pan scrapping the goodies up from the bottom. In a small bowl mix the dill the 1/4 teas salt and sour cream. Stir the sour cream into the chicken broth. Heat and stir until mixture thickens. Do not let it boil or the sauce may break.
Serve the cutlets with the sauce and lemon slices if you like.

I made rough smashed yukon gold potatoes with a little butter. We also drizzled some of the dill sauce over the potatoes.
I had sides of homemade gravenstein applesauce and  corn on the cob.
It was a very enjoyable meal. We had meat left over so hubby took a 1/2 pork sandwich with him today to the job site.

Yesterday my kitchen was busy besides dinner I prepared a quart of the applesauce and roasted a pan of tomatoes and garlic to make another quart of pasta sauce for the freezer.

Today is a day of house chores. I have been neglectful of the house do to my foot with the wasp sting. I did not feel like being on my foot. Today all is much better so on with house cleaning...oh yeah. Well someone has to do it and I would much rather be in my own home than traipsing out to a job each day. I did that for enough years, no more.

I will leave you with a thought today.

It is nice to remember yesterday and plan for tomorrow but be in the moment mentally and physically.Your day will mean so much more to you when you are totally engaged in the now.

Later.





No comments:

Post a Comment