Sunday, March 11, 2012

BORING STROMY SUNDAY


Posted by PicasaThese are little blobs of fried dough. Known by different names in many cultures. These are the Spanish version and they are called bunuelos. I made them yesterday a half batch and they are mostly gone. When you plop them in your mouth and take a bite they practically melt in your mouth.


I am bored today oh I am bored. I thought I would be content to putter and read the paper and such today but I am antsy. Sometimes I get like this. Also I feel trapped today. I wanted to walk but the storms keep rolling in one after another. We will get a reprieve for fifteen minutes or so and the sky brightens then all gets dark again and rain and hail begin to assault the windows once again. If I attempted a walk I would not get back to the house before another deluge. So here we both are house bound on a Sunday ugh!


I did not make my butterflied chicken last night as we did not eat till later. Hubby brought his brother-in-law up for a bite to eat when they finished with installing the floor. So I made us all turkey panini's and a big green salad with lots of veggies in it. A good simple meal we all enjoyed. So this evening we will have the chicken feast.


I will have a friend from Bend coming next weekend. That will be fun. We have our little things we enjoy doing when she comes every year. I hope the weather will be agreeable for our little shopping and bar hopping about downtown. This time of year we really do not know what to expect. Hubby will drop us off and we will grab a cab home.
I am a little concerned about my sis-in-law. She is driving home from Bend today. I pulled up the highway cams and there is packed snow on the pass. She does have tire chains with her but still alone driving in not the best conditions is worrisome.  I will be glad when she is home safe and sound.


So that is our Sunday nothing special or noteworthy. It is odd that some days I can feel so content and other days I am as restless as can be. I need to just relax put my nose in my book which is boring also and relax.


I will connect next week.



No comments:

Post a Comment