Monday, March 12, 2012

ROASTED BUTTERFLIED CHICKEN


Posted by PicasaHot out of the oven. Crispy, spicy skin and juicy and succulent inside. I surrounded the chicken on the roasting pan with sweet potatoes, red potatoes, onion chunks and whole pieces of garlic. I drizzled with olive and then sprinkled all with fresh chopped rosemary and lemon thyme from my herb barrel. We had steamed asparagus with lemon butter as an additional side dish.
This was yummy comfort food and I hate to admit we rather hummed when we ate.


It is so windy here today I had to take some of decor items down by the front door and anchor a few things down on the deck. The plum trees that are in full bloom now are a swaying mass of pink along the street.


My nose has been in this office this morning as I had paperwork and bills to get out the door before the postman came. So I am just now getting at my house chores. It has been a very busy morning. Hubby had a bid out in the country so he was out the door early.


I am making chicken noodle soup today with carrots, celery and onions. I will serve with cheese bread. My husband loves my silly simple little cheese bread. What I do is take our fave artisan bread slice it and lightly toast it. Then spread a thin layer of salsa bravo which is hot but not intensely hot. Then add  grated cheese of your choice. I usually add some Tillamook sharp cheddar and whatever white cheese I have on hand. Do not put on too much just a nice little pile on each piece then sprinkle with paprika. Put on a baking sheet and put under the broiler on hi when the cheese is bubbling and starting to turn brown at the edges remove from the oven. That is all there is to it. Of course you can always add thinly sliced scallions, herbs, bacon bits whatever rings your bell. This little cheesy crunchy bread is a nice accompaniment for soups, salads, or veggie dishes.


My chores are pressing on my mind now so best get to them. Monday always seems to be a catch up day after the weekend.


This is a perfect day for those you like the wind. Are they folks that do? For some reason it seems to make me edgy. Besides it ruins my walk, I will not walk in the wind especially this time of year as I have tree pollen allergies.
So once again I must house walk today. Put on aerobic music and walk on these hardwood floors for about a half hour. Round and round I go where I stop only I know!


Have a good one.







No comments:

Post a Comment