Friday, March 2, 2012

Tax preparation not my favorite!

I suppose I could have shown a photo of my desk loaded with paperwork. This is not my favorite time of year. I do the paperwork for taxes as I must. We have an accountant but I am the one who has to compile all the information that goes into the booklet with the appropriate forms, documents etc. It is a lot of work when you have a small business. So I was in the office about five hours today. I would have been in here another three or so but my brother in law and mother in law arrived from Bend and I needed to be social. So the rest of weekend I am committed to getting all ready to send off Monday morning.


I just returned home from my sis in laws as we all gathered there for dinner. It was nice I did not have to cook a meal this evening. Once in a while it is certainly a welcome reprieve.
My brother in law also loves to cook and it is fun to share recipes and talk the talk about cooking. He watches many of my favorite cooking shows and also spends time as I do looking up recipes online. So we share our expertise. 
My hubby started another batch of sausage today. This time he purchased suet along with the beef and pork. After he ground it and mixed it all up with the seasonings we sampled a patty. It was amazingly good. Now he will put into links tomorrow and then smoke it. As you remember the first batch he made turned out to dry. We are going to save out enough for a couple of ample size patties for tomorrow mornings breakfast.


 I am home alone now as all are still down the street at my sister in laws. I am ready to call it a day. Truly since I have had my cold it seems I am still not quite perfect. I am tired and my cozy bed is calling. I am going to take my book and snuggle in. Oh that sounds so good.
Good night.











No comments:

Post a Comment