Thursday, March 22, 2012

ICY STREETS, SNOW AND PLUM TREES IN BLOOM


Posted by PicasaThis photo was taken this morning. The streets were a sheet of ice and snow covered the ground. The vibrant pink blooms of the plum trees were laced with frost and all was silent. Later the sun made an unexpected appearance warming the air as well as the spirit. I took a walk as I had not since the storm. There were many branches broken from trees and littered on the streets and sidewalks. Many of the radiant plum trees had downed branches loaded with blooms making a smear of pink across the landscape. 
The storm is over now and power is restored to many that went without for over twenty four hours. We lost power last evening for about two hours but that is nothing to complain about. We had eaten and the dinner mess was taken care of. When the power went out we to our well stocked drawer in the kitchen, who am I kidding it's our junk drawer. I grabbed a flashlight and matches. I then lit a couple of oil lamps that I keep sitting in the family and living rooms. Hubby lit candles and tea lights and soon the room was a glitter with light. As it was evening and we were tired we just lounged with our blankets on the sofa's and talked until I fell asleep. I awoke with a start when the power returned with all the appliances and the telly making themselves known. I think I liked it better before. One does not realize how quiet it is with no household appliances running and the dead quiet outside. It seemed another world.


In a day or two I will be making nice dinners once again. I am so looking forward to being in the kitchen and doing my thing. Last night I made a quick version of turkey meatball stroganoff. We adore Trader Joe's turkey meatballs. They are fully cooked just the right amount in a bag for a dinner for four or leftovers for two. So that is what we are having tonight again. I will make a green salad to go with.
Hubby is working tomorrow  in a school building so will not start there until school is out tomorrow. So no dinner tomorrow night but Saturday night I am making chow mien and egg foo young patties. I have a yummy sauce I make to go on top of the patties with sliced scallions. So I will share those recipes with you. These recipes really go back as my Mother made them when I was a child. They are still wonderful tasty recipes. We are looking forward to this meal as it is one of our favorites.


I believe we may going on a little trip the end of May if  we can make that work out with hubby's work schedule at that time.  We will fly away for four days and we are looking forward to that.


It is almost six-thirty pm so I had best get to dinner even if it is leftovers.
Have a nice evening. It is still cold here.
Till later.











No comments:

Post a Comment