Saturday, March 10, 2012

CHRISTMAS IN MARCH?


Posted by PicasaChristmas in March? Well my Christmas cactus thinks it is. It did not bloom at Christmas but has been blooming the entire month of March. The sweet thing is just a little confused.


I cannot believe yesterday what an extraordinary, unexpected day. The paper said cloudy and there were a few high and wispy clouds in the sky. The late morning warmth soon turned to afternoon heat. I hurried about to get my chores out of way and then grabbed my book and went out onto the deck to spend a hour or so reading. I actually had to go to the shady part of the deck as I got too hot. Hubby got the lawns mowed and cleaned his garage. So things were accomplished.


Did you see the sky last night?  It was so clear and dark and there sat two stars so close together. I thought what are those planets? I knew one was Venus by it's location and brightness but the other one? The morning paper answered my question. It was Jupiter. Wow it looked as if they were right together though they are millions of miles apart but they are aligned in a certain way right now so their perspective from earth seems they are in the same orbit. The paper said that Tuesday it will appear as if they are almost touching. They were quite alluring to look at last night. Unfortunately Tuesday here it is to be cloudy but one can hope.


My hubby is helping install a laminate floor today in his sisters home. So he is out of the house and I have the day to myself. However I do seem to be wasting it. I have no ambition today as I did not sleep well last night. When I first started my day about eight I had many ideas as to how to spend this day now it is just after noon and I am losing interest in all the things I thought would make me happy to accomplish. Well it is what it is I suppose I will not beat myself up. What if I do nothing at all but indulge my lazy streak? Would anyone care?


I know I am doing one thing to make my heart content. I am going to make a wonderful meal. I have a whole fryer thawing and I am going to make one of three dishes I have in mind. All are incredible, tasty and very impressive looking. I have some fresh asparagus to serve along side and I am going to roast sweet potatoes and red potatoes as an additional side. I will post a photo tomorrow of my chicken dish. Sunday's dinner will be leftover chicken pulled from the bones and I will compile a chicken noodle soup. 


I am going to leave you now and get some laundry going and then I will see which direction this day will take. Will it be a day of accomplishment or sloth?
Have a lovely weekend and do something nice for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment