Wednesday, July 11, 2012

BROOKE IN AFRICA


Posted by PicasaOur niece Brooke who graduated from high school last year is off to Africa as I write this. She is going with a large group to several different area's in Africa in coordination with her church.
She is sweet, gentle girl. Very talented in many ways. She is my hubby's youngest sister's daughter. So we will be thinking of her as she spends a month in Africa. 


I am tired already and the day is barely half over. I was up early to get my husbands breakfast and pack him a lunch. He has another long hot day ahead of him.
I then took a long walk before the heat came upon us. I did my house chores, jumped in the shower, put my face on as I say and was out the door. I have just returned a bit ago. My back is aching that is why I am sitting at the moment and typing. There are $150 dollars worth of groceries still sitting on the counter to be put away. But oh I had to get off my feet.


I picked up three new to me books at St. Vinnie's. I cannot wait to dive into one of them asap as I just finished one yesterday. So I will rush to get my other to-do's for the day out of the way so I can read.
My project this afternoon is to wash my car inside and out. I usually run it through it the car wash but I decided as the weather is so lovely to do it myself this afternoon. I have always rather enjoyed washing an automobile. The spray of water flying back at  you in the wind is quite refreshing on a hot day actually. 
I remember when I was a young gal and I would wash my parents car. I would drive into the yard very carefully(that was the best part) and spend the afternoon in my tanning clothes washing and waxing away. I always put the car radio on (probably ran down the battery).  Mom was always so sweet and would bring me some fresh squeezed lemonade or maybe even a coke or home made root beer. Whatever it was it was always icy cold and tasted so good on a hot day. Good memories.


Well my back has eased a bit so I can start putting my grocery haul away.
Nothing fancy for dinner tonight we are having leftover's. That suits me just fine. We are not big eaters in summer when it gets hot. That is a good thing I think


Enjoy your hump day! I heard through the FB that Seven/Eleven stores are giving away free slushies today, you know it is 7/11 today.


Till later.



No comments:

Post a Comment