Saturday, July 7, 2012

SPAIN


Posted by PicasaSpain, I am thinking there are many dishes I would like to eat in this country. Paella is a famous dish made with meat or fish, rice, veggies, broth seasoning and herbs and saffron. Saffron is the ingredient that turns it's that golden color. My niece Sarah and I were discussing paella. Spain will be somewhere she is going when in Europe and being an adventurous gal she wants to try the foods the country is famous for. Saffron is very expensive sometime back I bought a jar of it........blistering price!



I am making jambalaya today. I will put pork short ribs into the slow cooker with onion, peppers, garlic, tomatoes herbs and seasonings and let it all simmer together all day. Then serve this over rice in deep bowls with a crusty bread to dunk up the sauce. My mouth is ready for this bit of happiness.


Today is a free day for me. What I mean by that is I do not have an agenda. Everyday for weeks now it seems has been filled. So today I catch up on some much needed house chores and see how the day unfolds.  For sure I am making shortcakes to go with our Oregon strawberries I picked up yesterday at the farm.
 My husband will be working so the house is mine once again.
I am leaving for my daughters soon so must prepare for that trip. It will be so nice to spend time with her with no men folk. We will have our mommy /daughter time. I know she has a couple things planned but mostly I think we will just be in her big backyard relaxing, chatting and trying to stay cool. 


Yes the heat is on and going up every day.
Summer has arrived with a hot air blast!
Have a great Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment